Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

It's Motorsport Baby!

Veewhyfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VeeWhy
Final vid now with a couple of laps.

Ended up following my mate in his MX5, the mission with all this was to keep up with mates in their sports cars. Commodores Can! :)

Veewhyfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VeeWhy
Ah out of video until next event.

But check this, I'm not a very good driver;

value.jpg

Right hand side, and Left hand side. Naughty Boy is not breaking in a straight line like he ought to be.

Tsk Tsk Tsk.

These are Bendix Ultimate Plus's. I've had them for 12m, and used them at Sydney and now Philip Island, along with driving the car to work every day.

The rotors are now 2 years old, look fine but I'm worried I fsked the right hand side running it down on the pad back.. I'll have them inspected by an adult next service.

Good economy and they pull up good good.

I like these, so can only imagine how insane the 6 piston HSV / Harrop / Corvette brakes are... What is the best way to do it these days? VF Calipers, adapters and machine the center out of rotors when you need them to fit?

Last edited:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
What brakes you running now?

I don't think Bendix Ultimate pads are really a race spec pad.

Veewhyfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VeeWhy
Yeah so they are just Bendix Ultimate Plus's.

These are my second set now, and just using OE size, DBA T3 4000 Rotors.

Rotors are 3yrs old, this will be their third set of pads.
Rears are stock (pads and rotors)

I've been really happy with them. Haven't found extensive fade at Philip Island or Sydney running for 30mins a time on track. And I can lock up the NangKang AR-1's with these so there's plenty of power there.

So a brake upgrade for me means just shorter shorting distances, I wonder how short they could be :cool:

EricSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Sedan Man
This is great. Are you still racing? I have done a couple of practice days at Phillip Island now. Love it!

Veewhyfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VeeWhy
Ah it was a lot of fun, sadly I'm not.

Family stuff happened and the second car needed to be an automatic. Coupled with it blowing out coil packs and modules when I was out to tea with the family in law.. well that was the end of it.

I MISS IT SO MUCH!

I'm getting ready to take the new race car up to Sydney (little corolla) and the simplicity of just chucking tools in the daily and driving that up is now sorely missed. Perhaps that feeling will change once sorted up there, we'll see.

Can recommend doing dumb stuff with your VT-VY. With sway bars and cheap suspension the thing was just great to hoon around the track with.

Ah you have a VF. No doubt that handles 1000% better then the old thing I was in love with. Good on ya for taking it out to the track, you know what I mean.

Smiles per $ it was a champion.

Ah perhaps when the shed gets bit bigger I'll go looking again for another..

Ah so much fun.