Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ive been told my temp sensor is gone

vpsleeper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive V6
just woundering if i could get a bit of help with this one, ive been told my temp sensor might be stuffed, reason being is fuel consumption is greater than ever befor, now im not sure where it even is, they say whats happening is coz the sensor is not working it telling the computer the car is cold which is leaving the auto choke open letting more fuel in as the temp sensor cant tell the computer the car is warm. i drive a 93 vp v6, and help would be good thanks

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
Would be referring to the coolant temp sensor which is located on the front of the engine, but not sure what side. It just a small metal bar that has a wire attached that is screwed into the intake manifold/plenum of the engine, it screw's into the coolant passage to read the temp.

vpsleeper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive V6
where would the best place to get one to replace it, what it worth

PREDATR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 355 Turbo, VN Calais 5L, VE SII SV6 Wag, Mirage
This could be the case stuffed temp sensor will cause this problem.

The temp sensor for the ECU is not the one with the small bar with single wire going to it. that is for the dash gauge. the temp sensor for the ecu will be next to it and has a injector like plug going to it. change that and see how you go. they sell them on ebay.. or try Holden dealer they sell them new less than $30

electro cruiser

Reaction score
^
^
^
or supercheap auto

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore V6 S2 and a BA XR6T
^
^
^
or supercheap auto

my supercheapo said that they dont stock them and will not order one in as they dont deal with that stuff...i was like O..........KAY then lol

but yeh there round teh 30 bucks mark

PREDATR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 355 Turbo, VN Calais 5L, VE SII SV6 Wag, Mirage
You can get em from Holden dealers still or Motor Traders / Bursons.

V-Josh-R.

NEED PACEMAKERS.
Reaction score
Members Ride
94-VR Commodore Ute
I have the same problem in my ute, the guy i bought it off fitted a 6' K'N air-filter and disconnected the air-fuel ratio sensor in the carburetta to make the car go faster. This screwed my oxygen temp sensor. The sensor is located in the exhaust manifold. All you do is screw the old one out and screw the new one in.