Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

James_yo7's VT S1 S-Pack

James_yo7

Barbitaboopey?
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 LUX minitruck
i really have no idea what the rears are, i got them off J-Bird from this site they used to be in hes VY Berlina. He said something about them being custom made or something im not really sure. non the less they look great and ride like ****.

jamesl_VTSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
[PHATSS]
got an example to show me? are your rims the same as mine just full chrome? looks it in your pic.

todays update is im just changing my ignition cables, good thing i am too because one of them is split on me. it melted. will post pics soon

heres a pic of mine with the grilles:

PHATSSa-1.jpg

and nah my rims were 19" Starcorp Impuls in Shadow chrome, then i got the spokes sprayed black.

James_yo7

Barbitaboopey?
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 LUX minitruck
well yesterday i set the task to mesh out my grills, went to bunnings to try and find some mesh and got the best i could find. got home to realise pieces i got are too small and wont fit..:bang:
Then i was going to rub back and respray my rotors but by this time it was about 2pm and i wanted to be at the fountain gate meet that night so doing the rotors was out of the question.

I decided to take off the rest of my badges (which was just my boot and bonnet holden ones)
Heres a few pics of the process,
basically just pulled the badge off, used a bit of bog in the holes then sprayed it.
ill post some better pics of the finished process today. i still have a few tiny bits of bog showing that i want to fix up today but considering the time it was done in, im pretty happy with it. Also sprayed my engine cover but im yet to put it back on.

Attachments

• Image091.jpg
    Image091.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 227
  • Image089.jpg
    Image089.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 230
  • Image085.jpg
    Image085.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 244
  • Image084.jpg
    Image084.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 252
  • Image087.jpg
    Image087.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 236
  • Image090.jpg
    Image090.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 249

benjamino

needing some more undies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 6spd + 7psi
nice man, looks good!
engine cover come up alright?
lol at the holden badge on the ford.

makes it look a bit better for some reason..lol

James_yo7

Barbitaboopey?
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 LUX minitruck
haha yeah. thats only 1 coat on the engine cover. it looks better in the photo then in person. another coat and it will look okay. why are you wasting your time looking at my silly old v6. youv moved up in the world now :(

SSGEN-3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II, VT SS II
I might try that mesh job on a set of spare grills and if they look alright I'll put them on my car. For the mesh, I got some from autobarn. It comes in black, silver, red and blue. I think you can get it in two sizes. I got 100 x 30 cm and it was under $30. Was gonna use it on my old car but never got around to it.

After seeing your car in person it makes my car look like a monster truck! Your cars damn low! The colour is really nice and it looks good debadged. You've done a great job with her. Good luck for future mods.

James_yo7

Barbitaboopey?
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 LUX minitruck
okay people... a sad day has just dawned upon me.
I knew my rear tires were copping a beating on the inside due to it rubbing. I took them of today to rotate them with the front. I never thought it would be this bad!!!
The tires i have on are only a couple months old and they to the wire. at this rate they will pop in no time.
Also took a good look at my fuel tank while it was jacked up and its f**ked. One of the metal straps holding it on is being shaved down to nothing.
After sitting in my garage for a while pondering a decision i came to the conclusion that the springs need to come out. I cant afford new tires right now and i definitely can afford my fuel tank dropping off on me.

so king springs went back in. they are only standard lows. car makes me angry just looking at it now. I will get the kings compressed a bit to bring it down at the back.

other then that it's R.I.P lowrider. Having it like this makes me want bags sooo much but it's nowhere near realistic right now. I dont have the funds. I think im going to start saving. as of the end of January i can put away 200 bucks a week so maybe i can look at bags in a few months.

(i reckon ill put my lowrider springs back in just for the dandy cruise :D)

Attachments

• Image095.jpg
    Image095.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 276
  • Image094.jpg
    Image094.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 274
  • Image097.jpg
    Image097.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 278
  • Image101.jpg
    Image101.jpg