Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Jamie's 2001 3.8 VU

kyalkk

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pac
nice car :) bugger about the engine tho :(
love the spacers, how did you prep them and is it high temp paint? i want to do mine blue but dunno how to make them last

Jamiejamie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Ute 3.8 S
nice car :) bugger about the engine tho :(
love the spacers, how did you prep them and is it high temp paint? i want to do mine blue but dunno how to make them last

thanks mate the upside is hopefully be putting an l67 in now.
i spent some time on the spacers...i gently sanded back the bumpy grain around the outside of the spacers that the machining process leave. i roughed up the tops and bottom with some emery paper then i taped up the tops and bottom with masking tape. used a high temp base coat gave it 2 coats of that then 2 coats of the high temp anodized candy apple red. yeah blue would look sick i tried to talk my mate into doing blue...they will last as long as you clean down the spacers prior to painting. when you buy the blue just get the same brand primer. ill be selling mine now but they've been good i rate em highly.

kyalkk

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pac
thanks mate the upside is hopefully be putting an l67 in now.
i spent some time on the spacers...i gently sanded back the bumpy grain around the outside of the spacers that the machining process leave. i roughed up the tops and bottom with some emery paper then i taped up the tops and bottom with masking tape. used a high temp base coat gave it 2 coats of that then 2 coats of the high temp anodized candy apple red. yeah blue would look sick i tried to talk my mate into doing blue...they will last as long as you clean down the spacers prior to painting. when you buy the blue just get the same brand primer. ill be selling mine now but they've been good i rate em highly.

Ok thanks next time im past a paint shop ill drop im :)

spud_22

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS-V Wagon, VS UTE, 96 VS Senator
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342827108.334968.jpg
What's left of piston 2

Last edited: