Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Janene's (modified) VR V6

jNINE

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
I have a 'couple'
wow your car is awesome :) you'd suprise a few people in that hey :p

lol.. I try not to :p

When I went and picked up the high-stall from the place that made it he told me I was mad... I said it was 'just my daily drive to work car'.. lol he said 'you mean - your drive to work FAST car!'

We have a 333 stroker competition car to drive fast on weekends :w00t:

Here is the trans cooler - was actually quite cheap and came with all the brackets to fit.

Attachments

• Trans Cooler (Medium).JPG
    Trans Cooler (Medium).JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 465

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
nice car there :), i thought with those mods it mite of had a bit more hp tho, but still nice figures :)

jNINE

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
I have a 'couple'
nice car there :), i thought with those mods it mite of had a bit more hp tho, but still nice figures :)

Thanks, yes - it's possible it has more power as it was very hot when that reading was done, but there were VT Holden 5 litres and s/c V6's on the dyno the same day and mine was pulling much better figures so I was happy with that.

Alot of the time it's all relative to the dyno

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais

are you serious?! 207hp is friggen heaps for a n/a buick engine man. have a look around and try to find one that compares with similar mods, most would be lucky to get 170-180hp.

also, with the dyno graph, that makes sence i spose with the misfire. strange to see such a strong graph with just that one "hiccup".

jNINE

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
I have a 'couple'
also, with the dyno graph, that makes sence i spose with the misfire. strange to see such a strong graph with just that one "hiccup".

A friend who was watching said it 'farted' (to quote his words) black smoke when it did that. Hasn't done it since so it's all good.

I'm lucky that my other half has a thing for portwork (we have a fine Briggs & Stratton lawnmower with ported heads :D ), so he spent over a week on the heads and them portmatched everything that could be portmatched and also polished the TB and elbow. I did the iinside of the manifold as his hand couldn't fit! Overall we spent a ****load of time between us building that engine. That is where I gain most of my power. One plan for later is to go higher ratio rockers as the cam we used isn't overly high in lift - we went for higher duration instead so it's a good candidate for them.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
very very nice!! i have said it before and ill say it again........there is nothing like a chicky in a holden.........even better if they actually KNOW about cars!!! nice work!!! i just sent my chip off to doctor bob cant WAIT to chuck it back in!!!

jNINE

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
I have a 'couple'
very very nice!! i have said it before and ill say it again........there is nothing like a chicky in a holden.........even better if they actually KNOW about cars!!! nice work!!! i just sent my chip off to doctor bob cant WAIT to chuck it back in!!!

My workmakes think I'm mad...

The other half's car is the one with the power though, we both compete in it at club motorsport - have a few vids of motorkhana in it. I've used mine a few times, but it's not so easy with a standard handbrake.

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
I so wanna hear this ride fire up and take off :yeah:

The power of a commodore! :w00t:

Trans cooler looks like a good fit, something i need to install on mine..