Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Jaycar Response Dissapointment - Ive lost $500!!!

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
I would told you where to go :p Blowing up speakers should never be covered by warranty. Where I work we cover pretty much everything except for faults caused by user error, blown speakers are always user error or faulty other equipment.

Some places just like to get rid of irrational customers though ;)

i thought thats what they were going to say aswell so i thought it was worth a shot :D

turned out fine for me, and my current one's have lasted me about a year/2 of constant abuse and still love it :)

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
I worked for Jaycar for a few months, rip of a company i tell ya.

Anyway ive got a heap of the junk in mine, 2x 1000w mono's n 4x50w i have had 3 amps swapped over as they were faulty, they run good untill u really get it pumpin, then they fry.

Brand new amp will put out alot more power than one thats been cranked for a week say 50hrs would slip into protect.

im over em, thats y i left there crap

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
ah well Matt , i guess you learnt a valuable lesson here. Once you've been burnt by a dodgy product don't buy that product or brand ever again.

And to the bloke who said its not a quality problem its a reliabliity problem, Is there a difference ? A Quality product is a reliable product , end of story.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
ah well Matt , i guess you learnt a valuable lesson here. Once you've been burnt by a dodgy product don't buy that product or brand ever again.

And to the bloke who said its not a quality problem its a reliabliity problem, Is there a difference ? A Quality product is a reliable product , end of story.

SOUND quality has nothing to do with reliability. ive got jaycar splits and a sub and theyve worked fine for years

SIG-054

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Senator Signature
Very happy with my 2x150wrms Response Amp, only occasionally cuts out due to overheat, but thats because its cramped and has no space to breath.

Easily powers my 2 DLS subs to 134db, and for $150 i payed for it im not complaining :)

BeastVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5L
I no this thread is about the 5Ch amp, But im looking at buying one of the new mono's. I have had Jaycar 6.5" Splits and an old blue 4x50watt amp and never had any dramas. Anyone had any experience with the latest mono blocs ?

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
i got 2x 1000w mono's linked, there crap dont waste ur money save bit more get a alpine or sumfink of good brand

Ive swapped one mono over coz it would would always go into protect for no reason.

Its now doin it on them again, but only when my sub is very close to distortion.

Im feeding 1800w@2ohm to a alpine x type, not happy with how it goes off the response.

Also the low pass filter is alot lower then most amps soo u sub misses out of sum higher notes, its drives me mad.

Ive blown 2 4x50w the one in there now makes a screech every now n again.

Trust me man, dont waste ur money, there makin heaps of profit off em, there cheap crap

One amp 4x50 was silver then others were the new black onse

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
i got 2x 1000w mono's linked, there crap dont waste ur money save bit more get a alpine or sumfink of good brand

Ive swapped one mono over coz it would would always go into protect for no reason.

Its now doin it on them again, but only when my sub is very close to distortion.

Im feeding 1800w@2ohm to a alpine x type, not happy with how it goes off the response.

Also the low pass filter is alot lower then most amps soo u sub misses out of sum higher notes, its drives me mad.

Ive blown 2 4x50w the one in there now makes a screech every now n again.

Trust me man, dont waste ur money, there makin heaps of profit off em, there cheap crap

One amp 4x50 was silver then others were the new black onse

just sounds to me like you're asking too much from them. going into protect when its close to distortion? sounds normal to me, so you dont damage the subs or the amp.

the low pass filter on the response 1000w linkable amp(thats what you have yeh?) is listed as 30 - 250Hz, the latest alpine type x 12"(going on that coz im unsure what one you have apart from that its a type x) is 24Hz-200Hz, so are you trying to drive more than 250hz into the subs? poor things.

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
I dont know why you'd wanna run anything over 100hz into a subwoofer anyway.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
I dont know why you'd wanna run anything over 100hz into a subwoofer anyway.

i've found wondering about that sort of stuff starts to hurt ones head, as do other things that dont make logical sense.