Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Depends of the candidates. Some people are very gullible and fall for false promises and the big pie in the sky. However, knowing he is a good media manipulator, he might be for another term. There are talks on candidates for 2024 because he is very strong on with the people. Have to give him some props, he is handling the constant negative publicity very well and is not caving in.

I say he is a Business man watching his nation and business going down the drain. If any of you were on his shoes and have the know how and means to do it, would you do it for Australia? He got a skin on the game on the nation's economical wellness, so I believe he is sincere on his actions.

Like former General Wesley Clark said, the US suffered a Policy Coup de Stat from the past 4 administrations. All you need to know is about the conflicts and laws have been slowly creeping up to a Facist State.

How do you boil a frog?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I'd like to see him change gun laws to help reduce the mass shootings. I don't know if he could achieve it though. Be hard for any president to achieve gun law reform in the US.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
In the same way that Congress can thwart Government policy, our Senate makes it very difficult for government policy to be implemented here. Even those policies wanted by a majority of the electorate can be stymied because the Senate is made up of a polyglot lot of fools who represent Greens, the right, the left, independent and single interest parties. The chances of them agreeing is non existent, so even a Trump would be frustrated here, unless his policies were absolutely irresistible..

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Calaber hit the nail on the head. Damn Senate oppose just about everything. It would seem they very little power but to disrupt the Coalition. Therefore they do it just to make things hard, just because they can. We need reform in a few areas, like welfare but the Senate stops it, costing the tax payer billions, because cost savings they hate, even if it needs to occur. They also introduce bills like gay marriage to stop the Gov addressing real areas of concern, like budgets. Greens and Labor even oppose harsher penalties for crims and won't pass legislation in Tas to make stronger sentences for people that interfere with children, go figure.....

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
About guns replying to Losh1971

The idea of it is to armed the population to defend themselves and the nation. The founding fathers they foresaw the day the population might/will have to fight back from a tyrant. Before WW2, Hitler one of the 1st things his administration did was to disarmed the nation and we all know what happen next. On a side note, Prescott Bush bankrolled the chap. That is another story for another day.

The Gov should fear the population, not the other way around.

Do not want to get into the weeds of these "mass shootings" but any law abiding citizen will find that is not that easy to purchase a firearm. However, firearm smuggling happens in any nation and the ones that get a hold of them are not the good guys. We do have home defense laws. Is totally legal for me to shoot an intruder as long it breaks in my house, that is the technicality. To tote that gun around like a cowboy, you need to be licensed and registered. Way too much hassle to carry a piece that brings more heartburn than anything else. Heck, you might get jumped because someone wants the gun, nobody in the right mind does that (gun on an open hip holster)

Our 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution does not give a right. Is a constrain to the Gov.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

quote-the-tree-of-liberty-must-be-refreshed-from-time-to-time-with-the-blood-of-patriots-and-thomas-jefferson-14-56-49.jpg

Last edited:

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Is possible to change an Amendment to the Constitution but it takes the vast majority of the population to change it. Politicians are trying hard to circumvent the rule of law to control it because it suits their agenda.

Here is another tidbit of info. If you pick any US made firearm, where does it say is built? Most guns are made in Massachusett and Conneticut, the most Dem and Liberal Left Winger States. No politician will say their constituence they are out of the job because they are "killing" (pun intended) the ownership of firearms. Each time they want to boost sales and raise stock prices, they come with some kind of scheme to regulate them. Just watch the Stock Market each time they open their mouth.

Another one is... where the Military Shipyards and Aircraft Mfgs are located? Right at the East and West Coasts, another heavily Dem Liberal Left Wing states.

Last edited:

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Very interesting, reminded me the "Security Advisors (Contractors)" in Iraq.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Let's have some good old fashioned discussion on Federal politics with the election looming.
Old mate Rob Oakshott has announced he will stand as an independent for Cowper. Cowper is currently held by the Coalition with a narrow margin.
What chance does Oakshott have this time round?

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
What chance does Oakshott have this time round?

Bloody none, I hope.
He was one the reasons the Gubbermint was thrown in chaos back when, after being elected under one umbrella, then spitting the dummy, and swapping, who can remember for whatever reason.
Should take up playing tennis, his 'all about me' attitude would fit in with some well known Oz players at the moment.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
He and Windsor were treacherous bastards. I liked the way Windsor re - nominated for the by-election for New England in late 2017 and was absolutely flogged by Joyce. Hopefully, this flea will cop the same treatment.