Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
It really is bollocks that positions like Sheriff in local towns and state DA's are political appointments as it allows a certain amount of political interference but under Trump those lines were blurred badly.

Over here, politicians have no say over the day to day running of the police and they have to go as far as not to comment on active police cases so as not to potentially interfere. I always laugh when the police minister is held to task because of something that has happened when the minister has no direct control and only sets policy. The person who should be held to task is the police Commissioner and regional commanders.

marty351

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl gemini
I have not heard the name "Hipkins" before now. I wonder how it came about?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
The voice to Parliament has the conservatives full swing, I'm not a racist but.......
They are using the anti Republic blueprint, muddy the waters as much as possible by questioning everything while not having any viable alternative. FFS Tony Abbot is still pulling control levers In the Libs! Mr Potato head has no useful answers only stupid suggestions.

Voice to Parliament has exactly the same problem that the republic movement has. That is - lack of detail. Spell out exactly what it is, what it means and what influence (if any) over the decision making process it carries then there is a chance I'd vote for it. In the absence of any of the above then it's a 'NO' vote out of hand. Call me sceptical but I don't trust the fu(kers to work out the details later.

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
What is it with these stupid nicknames? We had a "scomo" & now have an "Albo".
The new Prime Minister's first name is Chris, not "Chippy".

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
What is it with these stupid nicknames? We had a "scomo" & now have an "Albo".
The new Prime Minister's first name is Chris, not "Chippy".
Many years ago I was working in Te Anau, Te Anau is in the bottom part of the South Island, beautiful place.

I asked one of the tour drivers if I could come for a ride to some tourist destination that I would not have otherwise seen. We got to know all the tour (not bus) drivers so it wasn't a problem

I was talking to two people from the US. They asked what I worked at and I told them I was a chippy. There was an uncomfortable silence on their part until I explained that I was a carpenter. Where they came from a chippy was a male prostitute.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Nice place that. Hope to retire down that way. By George it's changed though in the last 20 years.

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Prices are getting ridiculous. I'm pretty sure we'll go into recession if things continue this way.