Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Someone tried to say I think it was Airstrike was making up the people identifying as a cat.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Biggest downside of units, dealing with strata dramas. I personally wouldn't touch them.
Not sure what the solution is given we need to increase high density housing.

Possibly tightening up strata legislation would be a good idea. I don’t know a huge amount about strata but by the sounds of the article some of the problems that owners are being asked to fork out for have been ignored for years until it gets to the point where it costs a motza to fix.

Owners should‘t really have to fork out bankrupting levels of money to fix problems that have been swept under the rug or ignored for many years.

Maybe there should be an independent inspection process that strata title buildings have to go through every year or something like that to ensure that there aren’t underlying issues that need to be resolved?

Another possible part of that might be compulsory strata insurance to cover massive bills like those described in the article.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
You should hear the Greens here in ACT, they want everyone to live in apartments, big backyard, oh no you can't have that.

Big backyards are becoming a thing of the past in surburbia.....People are subdividing, therefore reducing yard space.

New estates being put up are also reducing the size of yards.....Know of a quite a few where my lounge room is bigger than their yards

So it's not just an ACT Greenie apartment thing....It's what is happening round surburbia

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Possibly tightening up strata legislation would be a good idea. I don’t know a huge amount about strata but by the sounds of the article some of the problems that owners are being asked to fork out for have been ignored for years until it gets to the point where it costs a motza to fix.

Owners should‘t really have to fork out bankrupting levels of money to fix problems that have been swept under the rug or ignored for many years.

Maybe there should be an independent inspection process that strata title buildings have to go through every year or something like that to ensure that there aren’t underlying issues that need to be resolved?

Another possible part of that might be compulsory strata insurance to cover massive bills like those described in the article.

Perhaps stopping the phoenixing of building companies, and some serious penalties for those who have built substandard structures might be a start?

Insurance could work, especially if the insurance company is required to cover major defeats. That way they’d want to see evidence that structure was properly designed and built in the first place before they take on the risk?

Personally, I wouldn’t be buying a strata unless I had to.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Perhaps stopping the phoenixing of building companies, and some serious penalties for those who have built substandard structures might be a start?
Helps with some, not all. Builders warranties don't last indefinitely and a building built to standard 20 years ago is different to today.