Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
????

It’s well known that Australia has few competitors in a lot of market areas allowing those “competitors” to not really compete with each other.

Just look at interest rates or petrol prices that just happen to always move in lock step with the competition, if there was actual competition in those markets petrol prices wouldn’t be 50 cents per litre above the wholesale price and credit card interest wouldn’t be 20% per annum.
People pay interest on credit cards? More fool them.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
People pay interest on credit cards? More fool them.

Well yes but that’s beside the point. I’m just using that as an example of the collusion of a supposedly free market.

Ideally competitive forces make companies supply their products at the cheapest price for the consumer but that only works where there is sufficient competition and minimal barriers for new entrants to supply the market.

We have neither of those things in a lot of market areas. Only a few major companies supply certain market areas and the barriers to entry are high for competitors.

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
Back to Aus politics! :p

Sounds like the general perception is that not you're a "not so lucky right now" country.

But.

What happened to the euros coming in from the gas that's going to Europe on the Dragon ships? Also 10% rise in prices gives a 10% increase in GST take. At the least there might be a nice surpluss left to the right, when the pendulum swings the other way.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Sounds like the general perception is that not you're a "not so lucky right now" country.

But.

What happened to the euros coming in from the gas that's going to Europe on the Dragon ships? Also 10% rise in prices gives a 10% increase in GST take. At the least there might be a nice surpluss left to the right, when the pendulum swings the other way.

Lol! We give our gas away for free to foreign multinationals and us plebs pay the highest gas price in the world, for our own gas! The lucky country run by second rate people that share in its luck!

https://australiainstitute.org.au/post/gas-exports-56-given-to-corporations-royalty-free/

marty351

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl gemini

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Vote Greens! :)

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Well you did say to stop voting for the 2 main parties.

Party vote Green, they'll stop selling that gas.....

And personally, I prefer a good bit of red meat on my plate :)

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Well you did say to stop voting for the 2 main parties.

Party vote Green, they'll stop selling that gas.....

And personally, I prefer a good bit of red meat on my plate :)
The greens don't want you to eat the red meat though lol
The greens have the odd good policy, just it gets lost in all the other absolute madness they propose.