Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Clive Palmer accuses Tony Abbott of ''deserting'' Australians during budget crisis

And this guy ranks highly on the ####tard scale as well. The fat ####er is equally incompetent and has nothing useful to contribute other than show-boating.

He's upset that Abbott is dealing with a international and very personally sensitive matter and has left the Treasurer to deal with the budget?

Get the #### out of town? How dare he leave the person responsible for the budget in charge of getting it sorted out.

Probably got upset that the media nor Abbott hasn't been paying him much attention and has thrown the toys out of the pram.

Amusing, isn't it, that a man who is so wealthy and arrogant, displays so much concern for the "little man". I wonder how many little men he has chewed up and spat out without any concern at all on the way to attaining his wealth? I wonder how much concern he showed for the staff at the Hyatt hotel he purchased and has virtually ruined turning it into his dinosaur park? The hotel was very well regarded and successful till he bought it. Now it's virtually deserted, staff have just about abandoned it and nobody in their right mind books a stay there.

He is living proof that the political idiots of this country permeate all sides of politics.

However, I reckon the government will have to go back to the drawing board with the budget. There is far too much anger and dismay from all sectors of the community about it, the Senate simply won't pass much of it without severe watering down or abandonment of certain sections and by the time any measures are passed, they won't be worth a cracker in achieving the reduction in spending the budget was intended to achieve. Even correspondents from the supporting media are starting to criticise the government for its inability to get the budget passed.

Abbott is scoring well on the international scene, and his popularity and acceptance have improved, whilst Shorten's has "shortened" (no surprises there - Abbott's perpetual negativity didn't do him any personal favours and now Shortened is finding out what it's like, too). But this isn't doing anything for the domestic economy or the budget and perhaps Joe isn't the best person to push the matter through either. His threats to adopt even tougher measures if the budget continues to meet opposition is only going to make him and the government even less popular.

I reckon the budget targets need a bit or re-assessment - and soon.

And I'd still like to know what Labor would do about a budget if they were governing. I realise they can just attack whilst the budget is so unpopular, but Australians aren't all complete idiots and eventually, they will start to ask Shortened just where his budget proposals are. He's had a pretty easy run up till now, but it won't last forever.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Errrrr... He's absolutely RIGHT! And his comments are based on a lot of factual data. The rich will pay a LOT more in excise than the poor.

Raj

His comments are pretty stupid. Whilst the wealthy pay much more in total taxes, the lower paid feel the pain of increases in living costs far more acutely. Hockey uses graphs to support his arguments but they completely overlook the fact that when you don't have a high income, you don't have much cash to spare for increases in basic essentials.

And before anyone says "get a better job, then", its the people who are beyond working age who feel it most, because their "benefits" are fixed and are still inadequate to meet those costs. They don't have a nice fat tax return, overtime or pay rises to look forward to but they still cop the full brunt of fuel increases, gas and electricity, water etc. The supplementation they get for their pensions for power etc doesn't even scratch the surface when it comes to meeting the increased costs. They are the people who are most seriously affected by this budget and Hockey's inane comments only help to reinforce the perception that he is out of touch. Forthermore, with the superannuation he will receive, he will NEVER experience the level of pain the ordinary pensioner does when he retires. He knows it and they all know it.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Errrrr... He's absolutely RIGHT! And his comments are based on a lot of factual data. The rich will pay a LOT more in excise than the poor.

As factually right as he may be, no doubt about it - totally crazy thing to say. The public perception is just absolutely terrible.

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Maybe the poor can start using their cars as accomodation while he continues going around sucking on cigars and hosting $50000 lunches

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
As factually right as he may be, no doubt about it - totally crazy thing to say. The public perception is just absolutely terrible.

I don't disagree with that. Because the problem is most people don't understand the facts and think he's being an elitist snob. Fact: If you're a low income family you typically have fewer cars and travel in them less.

Maybe the poor can start using their cars as accomodation while he continues going around sucking on cigars and hosting $50000 lunches

Maybe the poor should get a better job, work hard and quit whinging. And no, I'm not on my high horse. I'm simply living that story! My parents often went without dinner so my sister and I could eat when we were kids. You are who you make yourself.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Maybe the poor should get a better job, work hard and quit whinging. And no, I'm not on my high horse. I'm simply living that story! My parents often went without dinner so my sister and I could eat when we were kids. You are who you make yourself.

Maybe you should read other posts more thoroughly, like mine at No. 7105. There are groups of our community who are too old to work or "get a better job". Open your mind and think beyond the obvious.

Last edited: