Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Sorry I'd just like to clarify that I was wrong in my previous post. The Medicare levy is 2% (with an exemtion for all low income earners as well as all Military personel and their spouse/children) and the surcharge is means tested for those without Private insurance based on their taxable income, from 0% to 1.5%.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
We have and pay Medicare, Medicaid, private health insurance and me, since I am retired, pay military health insurance (Tricare). How much we need to pay? The O Care is a mess of epic proportions, is that bad that one of the insurance companies dropped out of the system because they were going broke.

Our system is broke, really broke. I do not even know where to start... is a complete disaster. Favors insurance companies, the very same people that contribue to political campaings.

People in the states are pretty fed up and someone like Trump shows up and gives a piece of his mind without political correctness. He is kind of the voice of the people.

I do not know what you guys see but is not pretty if you live in the state.

Ok - Just to understand....

What is Medicare, Medicaid, and private health in the US?

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Copy and paste...

"In the United States, Medicare is a national social insurance program, administered by the U.S. federal government since 1966, currently using about 30 private insurance companies across the United States.[1] Medicare provides health insurance for Americans aged 65 and older who have worked and paid into the system. It also provides health insurance to younger people with disabilities, end stage renal disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis."

"Medicaid in the United States is a social health care program for families and individuals with low income and limited resources. The Health Insurance Association of America describes Medicaid as a "government insurance program for persons of all ages whose income and resources are insufficient to pay for health care".[1] Medicaid is the largest source of funding for medical and health-related services for people with low income in the United States. It is a means-tested program that is jointly funded by the state and federal governments and managed by the states,[2] with each state currently having broad leeway to determine who is eligible for its implementation of the program. States are not required to participate in the program, although all currently do.[when?] Medicaid recipients must be U.S. citizens or legal permanent residents, and may include low-income adults, their children, and people with certain disabilities. Poverty alone does not necessarily qualify someone for Medicaid."

And my own understanding of "Private health care" in America, having once worked for an American company that paid for my Australian top cover private policy, is coverage you pay for from a HMO or similar in order to insure against health care expenses. It is not government funded or subsidised. It is this cover that is included in many employment remuneration packages in America and often includes family coverage.

So the three are very different and all provide benefits/cover. The problems I can see from Medicare and Medicaid is they're ambiguous. There would be so much complexity surrounding what is and isn't covered and to what amounts as well as the issue of double dipping or not being eligible at all. For Obama Care to be the best it can be, it needs to cover everything (similar to Medicare in Australia) and for the current Medicare and Medicaid systems to be abolished. I understand the backlash when other inferior systems remain and the huge cost of a new one also needs to be funded by the taxpayer. It's poor implementation really - and the Republicans raping the legislation to a point they'd approve where it didn't do anywhere near enough once it was signed into law. And that's made even sadder when you consider elected Congressmen and Senators are all covered by their own scheme that's completely separate.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
If only everyone in a minority group felt the same way this awesome black man does.

Last edited by a moderator:

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Sorry I'd just like to clarify that I was wrong in my previous post. The Medicare levy is 2% (wit
h an exemtion for all low income earners as well as all Military personel and their spouse/children) and the surcharge is means tested for those without Private insurance based on their taxable income, from 0% to 1.5%.

Which i think is just what i posted previously.☺

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Yes Raj you are spot on. If you are full time employed 99.9% of the time you are going to have some form of medical insurance. The problem is, the medical businesses are ripping off the insurance companies, overcharging for anything. I magine see in your bill a $25 gauze patch. However, after a $1000 bill your side is $25 co-pay. The consumer do not see the expense. That money has to come from somewhere. The middle class is footing the bill by taxation, higher premiums and getting scrwed by the class that does not produce a dam thing.

Again, Trump is like the angry middle class individual, speaking his mind and that is why he is liked so much. The media is so full of lies, calling him Nazi, Hater and many other things. He is giving the stablishment a good run for their money. People see our system of a 2 Party system. That is not true, there are more. The problem is a monopolistic system that does not allow a 3rd party. That is why Trump sided with the Republiconts, to have a voice, a chance to speak. Ross Perot ran as an independant in the late 80s, he paid his own campaing. His family was threatened and dropped out. Trump got savvy and piggybacked with one of the 2s.

Looking from the business perspective, he wants to dismantle redundant agencies. If any of you watch US TV shows you might see the DEA, FBI, ATF, DHS, TSA, etc... all militaristic law enforment agencies. Often fighting with each other for jurisdiction and funding. He also wants to bring back manufacturing. The current adiministration, the Deamon-crats, wants to raise taxes to support the lazy and warmonger around the world in the name of Democracy.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
I'm surprised no has mentioned the grub deciding to take Barnaby's seat off him in the forthcoming whenever election.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Here is a clip from Trump about political correctness. Now you can see why he is liked so much. The media is good at taking bits and pieces, then, piece them together out of context.

Some idiot asked a political correct based question. Very bluntly, shuts him off. He does not clown around with words trying to please everybody.

Political Correctness

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I'm surprised no has mentioned the grub deciding to take Barnaby's seat off him in the forthcoming
whenever election.

I find it hard to believe that the New England electorate would have anything to do with Windsor after the last debacle. Time will tell.