Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

kcpwns

Kicker - Livin' Loud :)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
I don't wanna be paying to help refugees and I really don't care about their problems I have my own. and I don't understand why people get so worked up about other countries when we have enough **** cgoing on here.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
You do realise by the immigration departments own admission that most boat people coming to Australia are not refugees right? They are illegal immigrants and mainly financial illegals

You do realise that's utter nonsense right? A refugee doesn't need to be broke to have a genuine reason to escape.

Past figures show that between 70 and 97% of asylum seekers arriving by boat have been found to be genuine cases, and granted protection in Australia or another country.

According to the refugee council of Australia, in 98/99 91% of Iraqis who arrived by boat were granted protection visas. 97% of Afghanis were granted protection visas.

Under little Johnnies 'pacific solution', a total of 1637 people were detained in the Nauru and Manus facilities.. of these, 1153 (70%) were granted protection visas between 2001 and 2008.

During the Rudd government, out of 1254 claims processed at Christmas Island, only 110 were refused. 1144 people (91%) were accepted as genuine.

Pakistan currently has 2 million people in refugee camps. We have nothing to complain about.

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
Past figures show that between 70 and 97% of asylum seekers arriving by boat have been found to be genuine cases, and granted protection in Australia or another country.

According to the refugee council of Australia, in 98/99 91% of Iraqis who arrived by boat were granted protection visas. 97% of Afghanis were granted protection visas.

Please explain how they get to Australia FIRST before any number of other safe countries? Once you pass through one of those SAFE countries, you cease to be claiming refuge and are simply an illegal immigrant.

Crisis63

Reaction score
Members Ride
Monaro CV8R, Landcruiser 100 Series 4.7L
Please explain how they get to Australia FIRST before any number of other safe countries? Once you pass through one of those SAFE countries, you cease to be claiming refuge and are simply an illegal immigrant.
yes please explain. And all of them. Coz whatever one of them does they all do you know. They are all the same.

tonza

Beers & Blastbeats
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VX Exec S2
Pakistan currently has 2 million people in refugee camps. We have nothing to complain about.

I don't live in Pakistan mate. They can have 2, 200000 or 20000000 refugees for all i care. That's their problem.
Got more important things in our own country, and our own lives, wo worry about before we go putting illegals ahead of ourselves.
Can me selfish or mean or whatever, but i'd much much rather use $25 a month of my own money making sure MY family has food and a place to live, rather then "sponsor" a child in some hellhole. My family first sorry

We have to realise that contraception and education on growth in these countries is what is really needed. Sure help those NOW that need help, but its all pointless if they just keep breeding like rats, popping out kid after kid, to live in the same conditions. Cycle will just keep on going, breeding generation after generation of the same suffering. The world as a whole doesn't need more populating.

Sure some might say China's idea was harsh etc etc, but hey, it worked didn't it?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
You do realise that's utter nonsense right? A refugee doesn't need to be broke to have a genuine reason to escape.

Under little Johnnies 'pacific solution', a total of 1637 people were detained in the Nauru and Manus facilities.. of these, 1153 (70%) were granted protection visas between 2001 and 2008.

Yet the boats stopped :unsure:

During the Rudd government, out of 1254 claims processed at Christmas Island, only 110 were refused. 1144 people (91%) were accepted as genuine.

The Indonesian solution is text book ALP (and more specifically Gillard). Like the home insulation scheme, green loans and even the BER (to some extent) the refugee swap was actually a good idea that was an epic fail in execution. I have no problem at all with our migrant intake and resettling (some) genuine refugees here. I am adamant that *we* should have control over who is invited though and the terms of the resettlement. What we have now is policy failure in proportions not seen since the Whittlam government of the mid 70's.

Reaper

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Cookies must be enabled | The Australian

Damn those simpleton rednecks for having these views...oh wait, she is an African refugee who had a real case and did things the right way.

It is a worry when refugees are concerned about boat arrivals. They must be racist simple rednecks at a pub or something in disguise?

Now if we could only get more legitimate refugees who want to build a new life here and contribute to our country.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Did the planes?

So tell me, how many of the people who come in by plane dump all identification before leaving the plane?

When people come by plane we KNOW who they are and where they have come from, they can be identified. The people who pay so much money to enter illegally we know nothing about as they are advised to dump all forms of ID.

Does this make it right? Not at all, it does help immigration grant refugee status much quicker. That said, I would really like to know how many refugees travel by plane and demand asylum here, my guess is it would be more financial immigrants as genuine refugees are funded byt the taxpayer to fly here once approved.

Crisis63

Reaction score
Members Ride
Monaro CV8R, Landcruiser 100 Series 4.7L
Damn those simpleton rednecks for having these views...oh wait, she is an African refugee who had a real case and did things the right way.

It is a worry when refugees are concerned about boat arrivals. They must be racist simple rednecks at a pub or something in disguise?
It’s a worry when a few words (who knows, she may have even said them) twisted in an attempt to support a particular agenda are considered an objective commentary on the immigration process. Oh wait it was written by a reporter with right leaning tendencies.

Any garbage will always come across ok when directed at the right audience.

Solid editorial that.