Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
^^^ greenomics. Now stfu - you are exhibiting exactly the same persiscutory writing that the hate media lead by the evil Rupert Murdoch demonstrates. Don't *EVER* question the greens and **NEVER** try to argue back using actual facts. The greens got more votes this time around. Just accept it and grow like the good little plant you should be :p

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Actually greens are happy they retained a lower house seat (has never happened before - apparently back in the 90s they won a lower house seat then lost it) and it looks like there may be another 1-2 senators for them. Its all about what swing happens where.

Rhin0o8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais Impounded?
^^^ greenomics. Now stfu - you are exhibiting exactly the same persiscutory writing that the hate media lead by the evil Rupert Murdoch demonstrates. Don't *EVER* question the greens and **NEVER** try to argue back using actual facts. The greens got more votes this time around. Just accept it and grow like the good little plant you should be :p

Are you a greens supporter?

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes green vote went down AEC results confirm that - where is the report that suggests green vote is up? I am not aware of one.....

Rhin0o8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais Impounded?
Yes green vote went down AEC results confirm that - where is the report that suggests green vote is up? I am not aware of one.....

I couldn't find a report that suggests the green vote went up...

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline

Milne and Bandt both claimed greens votes were up...they got smashed in Tasmania...that state is proof of how bad things go under greens coalitions.

Had a bit if chuckle earlier when discussing the election with one of my lefty mates, kind of creepy that Gillard, Rudd and Abbott will all have slept in the same bed within 3 months :p

I see Palmer is still off his chops, claiming he will be a major party in in the next election and that his preferences helped coalition form government, when looking at the breakdown his preferences helped ALP most.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm puzzled how the greens are happy with their result and actually said they've gained % votes. When I look at the numbers in most seats, they have lost the same % votes in which they gained in the 2010 election. So if my maths is correct they have gone backwards...

You have suggested that someone affiliated with the Greens has claimed that the % vote went up.

I can tell you on FB Greens feed I am not aware of such a comment being made, and I certainly concur with the notion of the primary vote going down, from ~11% to ~9%

thestig

resident misanthrope
Reaction score
Members Ride
E34 535i M - E70 X5 M - E60 M5 - No Fear
I couldn't find a report that suggests the green vote went up...

The green vote went down, but their power in the senate has grown due to six encumbent senate seats from the last election. They only scored 4 new seats in this election.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
Milne and Bandt both claimed greens votes were up...they got smashed in Tasmania...that state is proof of how bad things go under greens coalitions.

Had a bit if chuckle earlier when discussing the election with one of my lefty mates, kind of creepy that Gillard, Rudd and Abbott will all have slept in the same bed within 3 months :p

I see Palmer is still off his chops, claiming he will be a major party in in the next election and that his preferences helped coalition form government, when looking at the breakdown his preferences helped ALP most.

AAh right, no Bandt I believe had a swing to him, in his seat alone.

Palmer needs to learn how to be a mainstream politician and to develop a wide range of detailed policy, otherwise he will absolutely be a 1 term wonder.