Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Shorten is caught between a rock and a hard place on this matter. He has absolutely NO right to condemn Abbott for the course of action he is taking - after all, it's yet another Labor stuff-up. That means the only course he can take is to support the Government, which is what he has said will happen.

TBH I think the only problem here is that somebody got caught and that is because of USA not being able to keep control of their assets. Not really fair to say it's a Labor stuff up, The intercepts just happened on their watch.

Of course, other idiots have different views. Christine Milne and Bob Carr have both said Abbott should apologise. Well, they would, wouldn't they? It was during their term of government that this occurred, but if you can get the opposite side to say sorry for you, you're home free. Milne is a blight on Aussie politics. She won't bend on any policy, no matter how unpopular it is with the electorate. She absolutely gloated when the knot was tied between Gillard and Brown, saying "Now we are in power....". She must hate being on the losing side now.

And Carr? He was the start of the rot that affected NSW Labor so badly. A failed Premier and a useless Federal polly. Piss off quickly Bob and do us all a favour.

Bob Carr is simply an out and out disgrace. He fully knows from his capacity as foreign minister what goes on. As for the Greens - they are either naive or stupid - I'm swaying towards the latter.

Milne looks like the type of woman who would only smile when she is eating lemons.

Must be frustrated to the max.

Every time I see Milne I think of Pruneface from Dick Tracy.

DTmake-up5.jpg

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Spying scandal: Australian flags burnt as protests heat up in Indonesia

Nothing like a bit of flag burning and MPs condoning it to show our closest neighbours true colours.

Meanwhile, an ex Indonesian spy has come out and said what everyone is thinking, that the Indonesian govermwnt is overreacting and is full of it when they say that the don't spy on us.

Brilliant.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
I'm in Indonesia at the moment and my passport is 1000ks away from me whilst I've got a KITTAS application pending.... Very very nervous times for a lot of people up here. Luckily I got my entrance visa approved over a month ago... I've heard from a few expats that they've stopped approving visas for Australians for the time being.

Here's hoping it blows over sooner rather than later

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Somehow, I don't think I'd want to be an Australian in Indonesia for any reason at all right now. Pictures of angry crowds in Jakarta burning a mock-up Aussie flag and calling for war - this is the "friendly" nation we have been helping for so many years?

I don't trust them. Never have. Probably never will. Ungrateful bastards.

And if they are ever struck again by a natural disaster, perhaps we should stand back and let them sort it out themselves without any assistance from us. Australians have done more than their fair share to help this nation survive and develop, but their lack of gratitude is absolutely incomprehensible.

Rufus®

I Jizzed in my pants
Reaction score
Website
www.mediafire.com
Members Ride
VR S1 S Pack, VX S2 Acclaim Wagoon
Somehow, I don't think I'd want to be an Australian in Indonesia for any reason at all right now. Pictures of angry crowds in Jakarta burning a mock-up Aussie flag and calling for war - this is the "friendly" nation we have been helping for so many years?

I don't trust them. Never have. Probably never will. Ungrateful bastards.

And if they are ever struck again by a natural disaster, perhaps we should stand back and let them sort it out themselves without any assistance from us. Australians have done more than their fair share to help this nation survive and develop, but their lack of gratitude is absolutely incomprehensible.

or is it a case of a media beatup. get a coupla hundred "protesters" and show the world how united and pissed we supposedly are. it would be no different to the coverage racial and political protests get here. im sure they aren't happy but how many actually give a toss??

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
or is it a case of a media beatup. get a coupla hundred "protesters" and show the world how united and pissed we supposedly are. it would be no different to the coverage racial and political protests get here. im sure they aren't happy but how many actually give a toss??

OK, you go over there and let me know how comfortable you feel.

Rufus®

I Jizzed in my pants
Reaction score
Website
www.mediafire.com
Members Ride
VR S1 S Pack, VX S2 Acclaim Wagoon
No probs, you book the flight, I'll handle everything else.... :p

All I meant, was I'd prefer to see / hear a first hand response to the issue and not just the crap we are fed from dodgy news rooms

Last edited:

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
TBH I think the only problem here is that somebody got caught and that is because of USA not being able to keep control of their assets. Not really fair to say it's a Labor stuff up, The intercepts just happened on their watch.

Reap

That may be true but ultimately, the Government is responsible for the actions of its employees. This is one issue where Labor is probably in a more difficult position that the Coalition because it happened on their watch. Abbott has just inherited another problem created during the Labor term in office.

I would love to know how the Rudd or Gillard governments would have handled this thing if it had blown up during their term in office.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
No probs, you book the flight, I'll handle everything else.... :p

All I meant, was I'd prefer to see / hear a first hand response to the issue and not just the crap we are fed from dodgy news rooms

Nah, there would be a thousand places on earth I would book a flight to before Indonesia......(and that would apply even if this situation had never occurred).

I realise what your point was. What annoys me is that there is that element within their society that would willingly wage war against us, simply because we are not of their faith. As Richo said the other day, there are many Indonesians who really hate us for what we are. We might get very uppity about a few hundred rabid Muslim idiots going on a rampage and belting police cars and dogs, but we don't then demonstrate in the street, burn flags and call for war against Lebanon. We know they are idiots and treat them with the disdain they deserve. (and wish to Christ they'd all piss off back home!)