Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
5,600 bucks of your Tax money accomplished me and 16 more people when I did a 12 month training in Geelong . This was provided by matchworks , we did stupid stuff like glue and paste , talk about media , watch movies , sit around talking among our selves it was like kinder all over

To make this fun i'll throw in a multiple choice answer:
A) I'm disgusted
B) I'm outraged
C) I'm not surprised

now to work out how i can pull $329.41176470588235294117647058824 per head and mash arts & crafts into a 1 day course.....

Last edited:

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
you didn't put in D) All of above..... lol

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
If it gave the people taking part something to do and they learnt how to color within the lines then the tax dollars were well spent.
Pretty sure less requirements are needed for general customer service jobs.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Wow...so much self pity in the last pages of posts.

Some of you really need to realise that only you are in charge of what happens in life, not the government, not a business.

If you do not like where your life is, do something about it ffs and stop whinging about how hard it all is.

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
High Court injunction blocks handover of 153 asylum seekers to Sri Lanka - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

apparently, old tone's turn back the boats is illegal under international law, which most of us already know, but it's now getting challenged in australia.

the Government's actions in returning the asylum seekers to their country of origin "raises a real risk of refoulement." Refoulement is an international law term that refers to the involuntarily return of refugees to their country of origin in cases where they may face severe human rights abuse or persecution.

returning the asylum seekers would breach Australia's obligations under international refugee and human rights law, including the 1951 Refugees Convention, 1948 Universal Declaration on Human Rights, and the 1966 International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights.

looks like it could be challenged soon with all those refugees suing the government and all.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Suing the government, what a joke.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
High Court injunction blocks handover of 153 asylum seekers to Sri Lanka - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

apparently, old tone's turn back the boats is illegal under international law, which most of us already know, but it's now getting challenged in australia.

looks like it could be challenged soon with all those refugees suing the government and all.

The High Court injunction says nothing of the sort. It simply prevents the repatriation of these people until the matter can be heard. It will be interesting weather Australia's courts even have jurisdiction as (presumably) it happens way out to sea not in Australian waters.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Extract said:
The Government said one of the Sinhalese might have had a case for seeking asylum but opted to be handed back to Sri Lanka after being told they would be sent to Manus Island or Nauru for offshore processing.

I think that about sums up these 'refugees'

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
So you're saying the ABC is biased?

I'm pretty sure just about every PM we've had in the last 40 years has complained about bias from the ABC, regardless of what side of the spectrum they are from.