Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Petrol prices fluctuate almost daily, I don't know what your asking.

RioTFoX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim V6
Never look at the price. Fill up when I need it no questions asked. It may start to impact me if it goes much beyond $3.00 a litre but until then I couldn't give a toss.

I'm the same. No matter what the price is, if I have to pay for it I'm going to use as little as reasonably possible. And when I do need to fill up, then I haven't got much choice but to pay it so what does it matter?

BushSSV

Stone chip collector
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SSV
Petrol prices fluctuate almost daily, I don't know what your asking.

Around my part of Vic, they never fluctuate. Prices stay the same for months on end. That's why I noticed the 2c jump. I asked at the counter and the manager said 'excise increase kicks in today'.

Hence the political connection, and the question. It was just a question - if you haven't noticed or whatever that's fine.

Gotta love the 'my reality is the only reality' attitude around here LOL

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
ULP now 156.99c. Up 2c. Was 154.99 prior (country prices already inflated LOL).

Not the half-a-cent that the gov't promised. Anybody else see gouging at the pump today?

Who cares???????????? Fill up when needed and keep driving.

The increase you mention will NOT all be going to our government so the wingers need to know just exactly what they are talking about before spouting off.
The very slight increase is going to a very good cause.........Do you know exactly what it's going to?

BushSSV

Stone chip collector
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SSV
East West Link, apparently; Country people being forced to pay for a road we'll never drive on, nor benefit from.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
East West Link, apparently; Country people being forced to pay for a road we'll never drive on, nor benefit from.
Lots of things my taxes go toward that I will never benefit from. Welcome to the modern western world.

BushSSV

Stone chip collector
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SSV
It's a bigger issue than the Carbon Tax was up here. A friend of my family runs a truck business. 3000l per week for fuel. 2c per litre is a huge hit on his bottom line. Bigger than the carbon tax was. The price will have to be passed on, to the customer.

This country is built on the bush. Mining and Agriculture are still the two major pillars of our economy. Everybody benefits from the bush; all the food you eat for example. Yet the bush is left out of infrastucture upgrades consistently.

Far from being a non-issue, this is the biggest issue in the bush at the moment.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
If your concerned about infrastructure in your local areas talk to your current state representative. They are there to work for you.

BushSSV

Stone chip collector
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SSV
I have. Mr Broad is not happy about it either. None of the Nats are; it's a real disconnect from the Libs at the moment.

In future I'll remember not to bring up political issues that don't matter in the city.