Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Well said Joe!

"I can't believe the East-West Link in Melbourne. I mean, how absurd that the Victorian Government by cancelling East-West, is about to spend $1.2 billion (in taxpayer funded compensation) not to have a road, and if they spend $1.5 billion they would have a massive road." ....Joe Hockey
The old saying, 'common sense isn't very common'.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
It's from a sitting member of parliament.

You mean it's a facebook post of a Liberal MP? How about a name?

edit: As for the second FB post you posted. Sounds like more Lib forked tongue.
http://www.tradingeconomics.com/australia/gdp-growth
There's the real growth, match it with to the propaganda.
PM has nothing to do with oil prices or RB interest rates.

Things are bad when people post up facebook to prop up a failing party.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
You mean it's a facebook post of a Liberal MP? How about a name?

edit: As for the second FB post you posted. Sounds like more Lib forked tongue.
Australia GDP Growth Rate | 1959-2015 | Data | Chart | Calendar | Forecast
There's the real growth, match it with to the propaganda.
PM has nothing to do with oil prices or RB interest rates.

Things are bad when people post up facebook to prop up a failing party.

Bloody hell mate. Facts are facts. It doesn't matter who the hell they come from. Keep living your life blinded to facts - I don't care. I know oil prices have nothing to do with government. But interest rates are impacted/influenced by government as they're the ones steering the economy though policy. And after 6 long years of pathetic policy, interest rates are at an all time low. We're still in the "fixing the mess" stage. Once we reach the "recovery" stage, interest rates will start to go back up. But getting there is a LONG ROAD AHEAD. And will likely not be in my lifetime if this is a one term government and Labor get back in and destroy even more of Australia.

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
10957715_726718477450542_4813006104158168508_n.jpg

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
Bloody hell mate. Facts are facts. It doesn't matter who the hell they come from. Keep living your life blinded to facts - I don't care. I know oil prices have nothing to do with government. But interest rates are impacted/influenced by government as they're the ones steering the economy though policy. And after 6 long years of pathetic policy, interest rates are at an all time low. We're still in the "fixing the mess" stage. Once we reach the "recovery" stage, interest rates will start to go back up. But getting there is a LONG ROAD AHEAD. And will likely not be in my lifetime if this is a one term government and Labor get back in and destroy even more of Australia.

Fact are facts? Is that right? Why do you ignore facts not in your interest? If I posted facts from Guardian or ABC/SBS you shoot the messenger. You want credibility? A hate page on Facebook is not it.

Interest rates going too low is as bad as them being too high, it's not a good sign at this stage. He's also going to cut company tax in July? Great, how will he make up for the revenue shortfall?

I like the "We're and we", what your position in the Govt?

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Answer me a very simple question.

The election was November 29.

The contract was signed in September.

Can you please tell me who was currently governing the state of Victoria as of September? If you answered The Liberal Party, your point is invalid.

Governing DOES NOT STOP untill the new party is sworn in. The Liberal Party had every confidence that this major infrastructure project - which is a very popular project among Liberal and Labor voters - would give them a boost in polling. This project was planned and funded already and was about to commence work.

Daniel Andrews only said he would **** can it, once he found out that the CFMEU had ZERO site rights. Up untill that point he was in favor of the project.

If you enforce a "Caretaker mode" 6 months out from an election, you essentially take away their chance to campaign. The strongest campaigning tool from a party who has power, is getting things done. The Liberal Part was doing their elected job.

From my limited knowledge of the project
The contract was signed at the end of September election was called early November hardly 6 months more like just Ove a month.
Andrews had said in the middle of September that he would scrap it even if the contracts were signed
2 weeks later Napthine goes ahead and signs anyway.

Seems like a dodgy project that would only benefit a few anyway

East West Link: Labor accuses Napthine government of 'fraud on epic scale' over road project - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
East West Link: Victorian Government signs tunnel contracts; Labor decries 'desperate' move - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Contract was signed 2 months prior, almost to the day.

It even went via the High Court of Australia (so would have been signed earlier if there wasnt that holdng it up).

The 6 month figure was hypothtical figure. When do you want people to stop working? 1 Month, 2 months? 6 months?

When my contract is up at work, I dont stop work till the new one is signed. I work my arse off to put forward a good case.

The government worked its arse off to put forward a good case and cement plans for the next term.

It had every right to sign it and it had every confidence that this would score them votes and see them back to power. There is absolutely nothing dodgy about it other than Daniel Andrews parading around saying hes against it, when the only thing he is against is the CFMEU not profiting from it.

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
There is absolutely nothing dodgy about it other than Daniel Andrews parading around saying hes against it, when the only thing he is against is the CFMEU not profiting from it.

Got some facts to back that claim up?

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Got some facts to back that claim up?

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...-east-west-link-road-plan-20140531-39b12.html

Until recently, Labor supported an alternative river crossing to ease congestion on the West Gate Bridge, with Mr Andrews accusing the government of playing politics by choosing to build the eastern section of the controversial road before the western side.

''I think a second river crossing, an important redundancy for the West Gate Bridge and a link direct into the port, is a stronger project,'' he said in his first major speech to the Melbourne Press Club in October 2012. ''West to east is how this project should be viewed.''

Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian

AUSTRALIA’S most militant construction union faces being locked out of the $18 billion East West Link road and tunnel project under the Napthine government’s code of practice for the building industry.

The code, when fully enacted, will seeks to guarantee freedom of association, ruling out side agreements or other behaviour favouring one union over another.

The code has been opposed steadfastly by the Construction Forestry Mining and Engineering Union building division, making it problematic for it to be represented on-site.

http://www.businessspectator.com.au/article/2014/12/8/infrastructure/why-east-west-link-not-dead-yet

One of the key negotiating areas will be whether the CFMEU is allowed full access on site, in breach of the code under which contractor Lend Lease and its partners tendered. On any infrastructure project where the code is not used and the CFMEU has easy access, the cost of the project rises by between 15-30 per cent. The incoming Victorian government is prepared to pay the extra amount on all its new infrastructure projects, but the Commonwealth doesn’t want to fund the burden of unfettered CFMEU access to building sites and the disruption it causes.

Do you have another witty retort Gopher?

Last edited: