Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
Terrorism or 2nd Amendment right?

The 2nd amendment: A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

I guess the answer depends on whether they're well regulated... Just as well the amendments of the bill of rights are so clear and concise. lol!

Regarding the gun laws in the US, check this out from a US Senator's twitter....tweeting every mass shooting in the US for 2015...

mass shootings in the US - 2015

US Senator

6LSSVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 Series II 6 Speed SS Sportswagon
Don't forget our three layers of gumbymint - Federal, State and local Council.
All of which have their greedy and largely unaccountable hands deep in our pockets - for not much in return.
Worse still, it's enshrined in highly questionable laws created by and enforced by very questionable people with dubious and often corrupt intentions.
If you seriously looked at all gumbymints as a "value for money" purchasable entity, you wouldn't buy their dodgy, inefficient self-serving product.
Yet we pay on average 1/3 of our income to these idiots annually.

Maybe bring back the barter system.
Real value for skill and effort - without tax, intrusion or over-priced political interference.

6LSSVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regarding the gun laws in the US, check this out from a US Senator's twitter....tweeting every mass shooting in the US for 2015...

US Senator

We have very simple gun laws in Australia: You can't have one for self defense purposes.
However, if you happen to be woken up in the middle of the night by a group of individuals wishing to relieve you of your life and/or personal belongings you can:
Download and print a Firearm Application Form.
Spend $500+ on a gun safe.
Obtain letters of Authority to shoot from various owners of large rural properties.
Attend and pay for a Firearms Safety Course.
Certify that you're not a Prohibited Person with either mental (includes Domestic Violence Intervention Orders), health, alcohol or drug related issues.
Provide 140 points of formal identification information.
Provide a Declaration from an "approved Referee".
Note: This is all for only a small calibre bolt action rifle or single shotgun.

Then, if you defend yourself, you will have your license revoked and firearm seized permanently plus get an invite to appear in Court charged with murder.

Or you could call the local Police and wait an hour or so for them to attend...

Last edited:

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Terrorism or 2nd Amendment right?

The 2nd amendment: A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

I guess the answer depends on whether they're well regulated... Just as well the amendments of the bill of rights are so clear and concise. lol!

Raj that is an eternal battle of the Gov Vs the People. The Gov want to take the "Fangs" from the population; what keep them at bay, is achieved by food in their bellies, money in the pockets and entertainment; the rest is F-u-c-k the world. Sad but true...

I went yesterday with my 9 year old girl to the shooting range. She has a 22 LR Nylon 66 Rifle; just teaching her some good old gun control, respect and safety. By the way, the girl can shoot. Me, taking my Sig Sauer 226 9mm and my AK 47 for some target practice (got to love the AK, very remarkable, simplistic and reliable piece of equipment). Do not want to get on the gun debate but after having for more than 20 years a M16/M4/M1911/M9/M2/M60D and the maintenance associated with it, the AK is just too dam awesome with their knock down power and half priced ammo. Anyway, we could not get on any gun range, the waiting period was over 2 hours long. You should see it, people of all sorts of ages with guns. Nobody got shot, all polite well mannered people; rich or poor, does not matter, they helped each other out with their technique. Not a single incident to speak of.

The US population is well armed and God's know what would happen if we gave up all the weapons.

Yes they are regulations but most apply to common sense area. Heck, would you bring a gun to church, sport event, court house? Nope, that is just dumb. Texas just passed the Open Carry Law; even the pressie is making a stink about it. Do you know that Texas is the 45th state out of 50 with such law? My state allowed on 2012 and to be honest, fizzled out. People start openly caring and gave up within few days; you can ask any cop, is a pain in the ass to be caring a piece (plus ammo) and tears up the car upholstery just to name an inconvenience.

the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Exactly, the Gov does not give any right, that is a constrain for the Gov. If you listen to our news is about the "Rights to Bear Arms" is all over. There is no right at all because that amendment is to constrain the Gov not the people.

The 10th Amendment of the US Constitution is...
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people

The media is so full of ****.... The Feds controls the States by Funding so they use the Supremacy Cluse to pass national laws. In lame terms... "You do not want to obey? No money for you."

Now you see why this stuff makes sense. Things like the State of Colorado and Oregon allows recreational and medicinal Marijuana to be sold; why 45 states allow Open Carry weapons. Each state has its own controls and regulations, all depends on what they allow. However, most states say, for self-protection no more than a 45 calibre will suffice (open carry), anything bellow is ok; so there are restrictions on sizes.

Do not want to get an USA history lesson but I think the founding fathers were pretty wise.

Last edited:

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT

US Senator

According with the provided link...

Every Mass Shooting in 2015
In 2015 there were 372 mass shootings - incidents where four or more people where shot, including the shooter. I went through each and every one of them on shootingtracker.com, and tweeted out the stories. In the face of this carnage, there is no excuse for our inaction.

Simple Google search.

Traffic deaths jump 14% in 2015
There were more than 18,600 motor-vehicle deaths from January through June this year, compared to 16,400 deaths in the first six months of 2014.
The estimated cost of the deaths, injuries and property damage related to the crashes is $152 billion, the NSC said in a press release. That's up 24% from the same period of 2014.

National Highway Safety Administration
NHTSA’s Fatal Analysis Reporting System (FARS) figures for 2014 show 32,675 people died in motor vehicle crashes in 2014, a 0.1-percent decrease from the previous year. The fatality rate fell to a record-low of 1.07 deaths per 100 million vehicle miles traveled. But estimates for the first six months of 2015 show a troubling increase in the number of fatalities. The 2015 fatality estimate is up 8.1 percent from the same period last year. The 2015 fatality estimate is up 8.1 percent from the same period last year, and the fatality rate rose by 4.4 percent. NHTSA experts cautioned that while partial-year estimates are more volatile and subject to revision, the estimated increase represents a troubling departure from a general downward trend

I will make a bet; more than 372 death were produced by Texting and Driving.

Ok, now, which one is the deadliest a Phone or a Gun? By the way, screw Twatter; is nothing more than a propaganda machine with the rest of Social Media.

Last edited:

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Skydrol

Notwithstanding any rationale behind the right of US citizens to bear arms, it's a good bet that much of the civilised world finds Americans obsession with guns and their defence of that right despite the frequent shooting outrages to be quite incomprehensible.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
I know you guys get a lot of Rupert Murdock media BS regurgitated from the good ol' USA.

I am going to use where I live as an example, there is not a single incident that I am aware of related to guns or any mass shooting. Our city has roughly according to last census 603,403 people and 0 related gun shooting massacres; heck not even the state per se. There are the occasional accident or the idiot that did some wrong but also you have to account stabbings and many other forms of murders. A gun is a just a weapon of many choices that are out there. The Gov want the nation to drop their only defence against tyranny just like Oz did. How many of you wish to have them back, just like we are? To be honest, the obsession with firearms is bloated and exaggerated. I know people with some serious firepower but I can count them with the fingers of my hand. Most have nothing fancy, just one or 2. Me, I have a few, but nothing extreme. I can set up my AK very easy to shoot full auto, but to be honest, an effective weapon does not have to be full auto (is just an impressive and inaccurate waste of ammunition). One of my preferred rifles is a 1891 Argentine Mauser bolt action and very nice to shoot and a WW2 German Walther G43 (Gewehr 43). The G43 is a restoration piece but love the historical significance and is pretty accurate after all these years. The AK just a some to beat the leaving crap out of it at the range, just for fun shooting practice. The SIG Sauer P226 (loved that thing in Iraq, accurate, reliable, low maintenance) is my self-defence piece and is pretty much what Law Enforcement carry; the wife is a SIG Sauer P229.

None leaves the house except to the range but they are handy just in case.

The obsession part is greatly exaggerated my 2 elder neighbour couples have none and the young couple across the street has none either; the back neighbour, not sure, they keep to themselves. My collection is more of a family heirloom and bought the pistol on my own; the AK is some that I put together from bits and pieces, here and there.

As a born and raised US Citizen, the gun obsession is vastly exaggerated. All my firearms knowledge came from 20+ years of Military Service. So the rest of the population are pretty clueless and/or does not have the cash to buy that many.

6LSSVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Australian mass shooting perpetrators since Colonisation in 1788:

Julian Knight: 1987, Melbourne - 7 dead, 19 injured.
Ivan Milat: 1992-1993, Belanglo State Forest - 1 only was death by gunshot.
Martin Bryant: 1996, Port Arthur - 35 dead, 23 injured.

Prior to and post the above, pretty much zero.

Private firearm ownership was effectively outlawed only 20 years ago in 1996.
There are approximately 23 million people currently calling Australia home.
Do the math and weigh that against the National Road Toll*, murder, suicide, abortion, industrial/domestic and drug/alcohol related death figures over the same 228 year period.

Reality has "left the building" in the name of political subjugation of the masses - I fear...

*Interesting to note, as this is a car forum after all, that the Australian National Road toll has been dramatically reducing (from 3,798 in 1970 to 1,193 in 2014) - with even fewer in 2015.
Electronic speed detection devices were 1st introduced in 1985 in Victoria and have not, according to BITRE published figures (1970-2015), had any significant influence on the reduction of fatalities.
Consider the fact that there are significantly more vehicles on our roads today, 18,007,767 in 2015 vs 461,154 in 1970.
Source: ABS [URL="http://www.ausstats.abs.gov.au/ausstats/free.nsf/0/2619E62F9A27C0ADCA2578FD0018592E/$File/93090_1976.pdf" /URL]
This means that today we have roughly 40 times as many cars on our roads compared with 1970, and yet the National Road Toll has conservatively reduced by over 60%.
In 1970 there were 30.4 fatalities per 100,000 of population, this rate has decreased to 5.16 in 2013.

1980 was the year any significant reduction in fatalities per 100,000 of population occurred.
Hello! That was FIVE years before the introduction of speed detection equipment.
The figures simply don't add up nor justify the manipulation and exploitation of our motoring and shooting population!
But it certainly adds billions of dollars to the revenue coffers.

Last edited:

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Meh just do what I do, when ever there is talk of more restrictions buy a new firearm or get a friend or family member to get their license.