Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
To be fair, the west is the best when it comes to intelligence.

People always say China hacks us, well the methods they use are intentional pathways put in place by the US so they can do the same.
The entire internet is basically a big spy tool for the US.
Gee they literally invented deep sea helium diving to spy on Russia's fibre optic cables.

The internet was not built to hack each other.

And no, The US does not own or control many of the undersea cables.

Yes everyone does their own intelligence gathering but this is about China saying they don't interfere in foreign/sovereign countries politics and they have been caught out doing exactly that and it's not just in NZ, stories are popping up from multiple countries of the same having been discovered.

And TBH, I don't think the West is best when it comes to intelligence, other countries seem to he happy to step over certain lines much quicker than we (NZ) would do. China is very insidious when it comes to their political interference.

It's good to see the NZ government taking this seriously and calling in their Ambassador.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
So are CEO pay packets but funnily enough we don’t hear anything about those from the business unions. :rolleyes:

Are they? I would've thought rich people building mansions puts less stress on the contractors to pay their employees, so they don't have to raise their prices.

The reason minimum wage increases are inflationary is because the business owners will just increase prices to cover the extra cost.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo

Yes everyone does their own intelligence gathering but this is about China saying they don't interfere in foreign/sovereign countries politics and they have been caught out doing exactly that and it's not just in NZ, stories are popping up from multiple countries of the same having been discovered.

And TBH, I don't think the West is best when it comes to intelligence, other countries seem to he happy to step over certain lines much quicker than we (NZ) would do. China is very insidious when it comes to their political interference.

It's good to see the NZ government taking this seriously and calling in their Ambassador.

When I said west I was mostly referring to the UK and US, I don't think Xi and Vlad are overly concerned with NZ intelligence.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo

I didn’t say they own most of the cables.
But they started the internet, the government designed it in a way to be unsecure on purpose.
The US also has two buildings one on the east coast the other on the west coast, all internet traffic in the US goes through these, they're monitoring stations.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes but that is only for traffic that passes through the US.

The internet is not unsecure, only if you choose it to be. Nothing stopping you from using encrypted systems.

The internet early history is with the US DoD before becoming public.

The internet is really only a way of inter-connecting lots of computers, what and how you pass over the internet is up to the user.

There was a big **** storm in the US a few years ago because of laws passed there about encryption and US Govco wanting access to said encryption algorithms, some companies shut up shop or moved outside the US to stop them handing over said algorithms.

When I said west I was mostly referring to the UK and US, I don't think Xi and Vlad are overly concerned with NZ intelligence.

And yet they have been caught hacking NZ govco servers. We are apart of the 5 eyes network too so there is an interest in what we do there but this particular hack seems to have been about politicians/politics.

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
I also had a look at twitterX this morning and saw that "MAFSAU" was trending at #1. says it all, really.
This week, Albo & Labor will ask the Fair Work Commission for a 5% increase to the minimum wage. Idiots on $100,000+ or with $1 million in superannuation will of course complain, citing inflationary pressure & the "devastating" effect this will have on small business. usual garbage from morons who somehow believe they've worked harder than a person on minimum wages. Apparently, laying a brick requires 3 times more physical/mental exertion than washing a kitchen pot, making a bed, or cleaning a disgusting toilet?

"Don Poorleone" has been viral memewise.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Are they? I would've thought rich people building mansions puts less stress on the contractors to pay their employees, so they don't have to raise their prices.

The reason minimum wage increases are inflationary is because the business owners will just increase prices to cover the extra cost.
The same as a business covering the overheads for an increase to a CEO's pay. No different, still a cost to business.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
The same as a business covering the overheads for an increase to a CEO's pay. No different, still a cost to business.

I get your point, but I thought most of the CEO's pay is bonus.
Example, Qantas had a massive profit, so the last CEO got a 22 or 24 million dollar bonus, so that wasn't really a hit to their books.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
"Don Poorleone" has been viral memewise.

I find it funny that the lefties can't decide if Trump is rich or is he poor?

Can you ask the left to please decide as it's getting confusing.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I get your point, but I thought most of the CEO's pay is bonus.
Example, Qantas had a massive profit, so the last CEO got a 22 or 24 million dollar bonus, so that wasn't really a hit to their books.
And where does that bonus money come from?