Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
No, but some European countries are dropping funding of various sorts.
So it appears to be a trend.

By and large governments don’t subsidise the masses as its too expensive. They subsidise until it reaches critical mass and then tax the shite out of it, just like what John Howard did with LPG.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
The QLD system is a bit perverse. The more cylinders, the cheaper the rego per cylinder.

They are encouraging us to drive V8's, 10's and 12's :)

Well that’s one way to look at it I guess, glass half full and all that!

Still shites me somewhat that V8’s get bashed over the head with around $100 per month just in rego and CTP costs before you even turn a wheel but a Toyota Landcruiser that weighs a whole tonne more pays less rego because it’s got less cylinders!

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
LOL ok.

I don't drink most of the time, it does not mean I don't have the odd drink. I can't drink beer, it makes me sick literally with even small amounts, why drink something that makes you sick? Seems pointless.

And it's not about taking away alcohol increases the use of drugs. It's sad fact many people need alcohol, they are dependent on it. Never heard of alcoholics?

I don't care if people drink, but I do care if they drink and drive and all the consequences that come from it, same with drugs and driving or using drugs to get through a shift at work. We've seen what that causes.

Alcohol causes major hardship on a daily basis, with the lowering of the drinking age and extended hours at night clubs you should see the mess in town in the wee hours and all these metrics got worse with longer hours and lower drinking age.

You know that smoking kills right? You also know that alcohol does the same thing ,especially when consumed in large amounts? You know that alcohol is addictive?

My father inlaw is a functioning alcoholic, I see what that **** does to peoples lives.

I've lived in neighbourhoods where I've seen people choose alcohol and drugs over feeding and clothing their kids/toddlers so please don't try and pontificate on the virtues of alcohol because there are no virtues when it's causing very real harms on society every day costing the tax payer a small fortune.

Just imagine all the time cops would have if they weren't dealing with drunks and drink drivers, they could be sorting out real crime.

So you think stopping people from taking a legal drug even though it would push up illegal drug sales is a good thing?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Off the top of my head, the wall.
There was also the northern pipeline.

A yes, that wall. How much did get built, how many did it employ?

Remember that fact check article I posted many pages back? maybe go back and read those and get some real statistics on what happened during the Trump years. Facts, not Trump hyperbole.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
So you think stopping people from taking a legal drug even though it would push up illegal drug sales is a good thing?

So who says that people are just going to go and inject meth because they can’t get a beer at the local pub!

I think people who are predisposed to do meth will do it anyway and the vast majority of people wouldn’t entertain the idea of using a hard drug just because alcohol isn’t available!

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride

You have no proof of this?

Alcohol is the number 1 drug consumed in our countries. Alcohol is a drug with many severe consequences.

There is a huge difference is price and availability between alcohol and hard drugs and it's also a line many people won't cross due to the health and wellbeing implications of hard drugs.

I could ask Mr24 (paramedic) to give a quick run down of what hard drugs do and how it kills if you like.

I'm not advocating for prohibition (like you make out I am), I'm just suggesting a more controlled environment, you simply don't need alcohol all the time every where. And I think drink drivers should all be thrown in jail, mandatory, that might help with the problem instead of the wet bus ticket slap on the wrist that is handed out now.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride

I'm about 30 minutes in to this so far. Have found it an interesting listen thus far.

Definitely need to do it in chunks, it's a long piece.