Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JD's new car - EA Falcon

JoshsVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec S2
mum used to have an EA Fairmont Ghia, to be honest when we first got it (1997) it was a pretty cushy car, but after a few years everything fell apart - the exhaust fell off (fell off its bracket so hung loosly), ALL power windows stopped working (at diff times), clock stopped, boot no longer opened, remote c/l stuffed up, car alarm randomly went off so had to disconnect it, n it literally needed an oil refill every week! (our driveway turned black). So then mum sold it for a VT.
Not saying it will happen to u, it obviously went past its use-by date. it was a nice car n all, in fact i wanted to buy it for my first car, until it fell to bits.
Good luck man

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
dad has had to replace A LOT of the little things like that, good thing is though that it doesn't have pwr windows, i hate pwr windows with a passion ( unless they always work, which most don't )

14secvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp v6 commodore executive
the EA had suspension issues to they dont handle too well the issues were corrected in the EB version

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
multipoint ea manual will slaughter a vn auto, they hammer.

Put some good diff gears in them and they'll go even harder.

I used to work with a guy that had a mint one and my old VN V6 could take it to 100 comfortably so I wouldn't say they hammer :p another guy had a EF auto and it was pretty much the same in acceleration as the EA MPI manual s pack this was a nightly ritual after work as we pulled onto a highway to come home. All fun and games untill I bought my VP and then a girl brang her boyfreinds 12 second Torana to work and gave me a hiding with it :p

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
That would have hurt.

Billo55

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA an ecotec in a ford omfg don't even bother
For one the ford 6 is far better....i know a guy thats running a gt35 turbo, aftermarket computer, intercooler and a few other bits a pieces on a STOCK eb series 1 motor making 526rwhp....blown 3 transmissions but the engine is fine after 18 months with stock internals.....INSANE

simc

Supercharged V6 Gemini
Reaction score
I have owned an EA for 7 years now, as a daily driver. Back in my P plate days, I did a fair bit of playing around with it. Along with most of the guys in the E-series club (eafalcon.com) we did some pretty straight forward mods to these cars to get them hauling butt. With a multipoint ea engine, exhaut and manual, with the manual spec. or xr6 diff, the are happy to run a mid-low 15se 1/4, and fry the rubber for as long as you like.

I went a little further, and with a nice cam, mild head work (at home in garage), and the EL manifold, she ran in the 14's down the 1/4 for years... and thats with a bottom end that did 300,000km... did I mention it was a ghia (heavy) with the LPG tank?? All this with a standard fuel system, and no computer tune, just a mix and match of EA-EL parts, and a few goodies.

Most of the guys now run 13-14 sec 1/4 with a fresh engine and some more serious headwork, with a tune.

Your car could make a nice sleeper!! :)

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
I used to own an EA. That thing got torque!!!!!

nugatory

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S1 Station Wagon
along the track i'd like to put a ecotec in it, something different.

Not a good idea if you're tight on money :D Bit of a complete screw around but it's exactly what that car needs - a V6. The EA's are actually a pretty well balanced car and a lot of fun to drive - but that's where it ends.

Too many memories of them painted orange or yellow as ex taxi's. Hurry up and get another Holden :D

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
I gots a job this week, but when i get it going im selling it, i want to get another VP again