Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JHP triple gauges

PhatCommy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais, VR Wagon
Hey guys I've got a bit of problem and hoping someone here has the answer. I recently purchased JHPs triple gauge kit for me 06 Calais V8 ( same setup as the HSV triple gauges). After fitting them in the oil pressure and volt gauges worked fine but the oil temperature gauge wasn't giving a reading. I had read online that pre MY 8.5 VEs had to get tech 2 or another tuning tool to activate the oil temperature gauge. I called JHP and they seemed to think the gauge should work straight away and shouldn't need to be activated. I've taken the car to Holden and my mechanic/tuner and both of them couldn't get it working. Has anyone here fitted these gauges or knows where the problem may lie? Thanks for your help.

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
Yeah, I have the same problem..
The Oil Temp gauge needs to be enabled at the ECM (EFI Live can do this, and apparently Tech2 as well).

I was shown by someone where the option was in EFI Live, but I cant remember where the option was.

Hope this helps

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
I went through all this a bit over a year ago with my old SSV and changing from the 2 sports gauges to the triple window.

If it is reading -40 degrees you need to change the sensor reading. This can not be enabled using TECH2

At first it was only EFI Live that could make the change to the ECM. Recent changes to HPTuners software can now enable the reading.

The setting in EFILive is under the G1218 parameter. You need to set the Engine Oil Temp sensor the vehicle uses to "Calculated and Sensor". Once this is enabled in the software you'll need to flash the ECM with the changes and the Oil Temp reading will work as it should.

Before and after shots.

Attachments

• IMG_0057.jpg
    IMG_0057.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 454
  • IMG_0124.jpg
    IMG_0124.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 614
Last edited: