Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Joining the Union

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Been thinking about joining the union due to some work place crap happening . Just wondering if anyone here working in warehousing what union you are in? Thanks

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Been thinking about joining the union due to some work place crap happening . Just wondering if anyone here working in warehousing what union you are in? Thanks
Just got out of amwu due to there stupidy and lack of listening to the worker any more. Personally talk to the delegate if he/she is OK your probably OK.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Thanks mate . The thing is that no one at work is in the union as about 75% of employees are casual and have been threatened with the sack if they join a union . It is myself and another full timer who are going to join .

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Thanks mate . The thing is that no one at work is in the union as about 75% of employees are casual and have been threatened with the sack if they join a union . It is myself and another full timer who are going to join .
Is totally 100% illegal (in NSW at least) - but unfair dismissal will have limited protections for casual workers.
Depends on particular industry. May be AWU (this is a fairly generic one), may be CFMEU, but upon a google search for warehousing I found https://www.nuwnsw.org.au/ national union of workers

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Is totally 100% illegal (in NSW at least) - but unfair dismissal will have limited protections for casual workers.
Depends on particular industry. May be AWU (this is a fairly generic one), may be CFMEU, but upon a google search for warehousing I found https://www.nuwnsw.org.au/ national union of workers
Ok thanks for that , ill look into it :D

Batca

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv sportwagon
Every employee has a right to join a union and you don't have to inform your employer if you choose not to. I'd keep in mind you might struggle for solidarity with a lot of casuals in your workforce. Don't know exact fees these days but would be $500 plus a year, though it's tax deductible.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
I ask at work for u.
We have one that I know of.

Brisbarnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vh sle
I was a storemen for 3 years and joined the NUW.
Only thing that bugged me about them was when I changed industries and left that union is they continued to take money out for year n a half and after I raised it took 1 1/2 years to stop it and send a verification letter to say I left the union. Pretty slack by my standards.

Currently in the TWU (13yrs) and they stand up n fight when needed. It helps when 80% of the yards are unionised.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON