Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Josh's Holden VZ

Joshhat98

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Ex Cop & WB Ute WIP
Hey,

I recently bought a 2004 Holden VZ Executive, silver in color. Managed to pick the car up locally and luckily did minimal for the roadworthy and later found out the car is an Ex-Cop Car, which seems to included the extra's pack as it comes with FE2 Sports Suspension and Side Airbags. I managed to pick it up for $2800 with 230XXX kms and only spent around $500 for the roadworthy.. The engine sounds perfect, no rattles etc. Did I get a good deal?

I've only owned the car for a couple weeks now, and am pretty much broke now so I haven't (and won't till probably after Christmas) be doing many mods. Currently, the only mod I can see that the car has is the chev badge.. That's going soon. The car will be my 1st, well 1st going car for my L plates and hopefully for alot longer than just the L plates.

Current Mods:
Calais Rear Bumper (Required for Roadworth)
Rims seem to be Holden VT GTS mocks

Future Mods:
Two Hole Mod
Nexus 7 Dash install with Music, Navgation, OBD2 Plug, etc
De-badge the 'Commodore' and 'Executive'
Rims?

Here's a picture of the car, will get some more next time I wash it and take it somewhere..
thKdd8t.jpg

Joshhat98

Reaction score
Members Ride
0xcnbtZ.jpg

New image I took the other day, haven't done anything else to the car as of yet. :)

chaz1960

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz hsv r8 6ltr
nice clean car mate good, buy for your first there plenty you can do yourself without it costing you a lot happy to help if I can as ive own many cars over the years and the only thing I wont do myself is the mechanic side of things.my first car was a brand new 1972 hq panelvan wish I still had it cheers chaz

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
I's loose the Chev badge ASAP. I'd just get the side strips and side mirrors colour matched to the car, leave the badges on it and forget about the "2 hole mod" it will do SFA.
Why did it need a Calais rear bumper, had someone changed the rear lights to a type without reflectors?

Joshhat98

Reaction score
Members Ride
nice clean car mate good, buy for your first there plenty you can do yourself without it costing you a lot happy to help if I can as ive own many cars over the years and the only thing I wont do myself is the mechanic side of things.my first car was a brand new 1972 hq panelvan wish I still had it cheers chaz
Thank you very much :) I currently have a WB ute in the shed myself..
I's loose the Chev badge ASAP. I'd just get the side strips and side mirrors colour matched to the car, leave the badges on it and forget about the "2 hole mod" it will do SFA.
Why did it need a Calais rear bumper, had someone changed the rear lights to a type without reflectors?

Never thought of the side strips to match.. The mirrors and get rid of the Chevy badge are something I'll do.

We had the car inspected before we bought it, and were told because the rear bumper had been hit which cracked it and broke the clips, we would require a new one.. The Calais was the right color and only 100km away for $100 so I picked it up, looks better too.. :)

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
yeah ditch that chev badge - I'm so opposed to them if I saw one on a used car I'd walk past it as I'd assume the previous owner is a nob.

Sphector89

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 2 Vx Berlina
When you take the chev badge off you should burn it and take a photo for us, there is no redemption for being on a HOLDEN

Last edited:

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
When you take the chev badge off you should burn it and take a photo for us, there is no redemption for being on a Holden

Fixed that one up for you mate. :D

Sorry OP, yeah apart from that badge it looks like a nice clean VZ.

Got any interior photos?