Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Josh's new daily

JoshlikesCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z
Hey all so I've been inactive for a few months due to work and me being lazy so I though I'd update.

I sold my Vx SS about a month ago for a number of reasons. I was kinda getting bored of it as it was auto, it had piston slap that was quite noticeable most of the time so I wasn't too keen on rebuilding it. Here it just before I sold it:

D40XxNW.jpg

I only got $5500 for it in the end, had it up for sale for a couple months and I really thought it would sell fast but turns out no :/

But here is the replacement:

MODEL: 2004 VY S
KMS: 163,000
COLOUR: Cosmo (My favourite holden colour besides Delft Blue)
ENGINE TYPE: v6 Ecotech with le gas
POWER: NONE!
SUSPENSION: FE2
WHEELS: Stock Vy S rims (SSV's soon)
INTERIOR: Stock purple S/SS cloth interior (very comfortable)

Its a duel fuel 2004 Vy S (S for slow) in cosmo

xKjSdaG.jpg

7dol5Gd.jpg

844bqad.jpg

Enjoying it so far, this is my fourth commodore and fourth car. The interior is such a nice upgrade over the VT-VX ones which I am used to

I searched for a while before buying because I am very picky, I wanted Black or Purple and wouldn't consider any others which made finding a decent one difficult.

I got it from an older guy in Mawson Lakes who looked after the inside well, its near perfect. The outside is a bit rough but doesn't bother me too much. It had loads of swirl marks and tiny scratches in it when I bought it but I soon fixed that with a cut and polish then some wax and it came up great.

It is like having a black car where everything shows up and is near impossible to keep clean :/

The first thing I did was order some VY SS headlights and tail lights and they make it look 10x better. Other than that I haven't done anything to besides a full service.

I did buy some 19" Axis rims but I didn't inspect them properly when I went to look at them. It turned out they had buckles in all of them so there was no way I putting them on my car ($450 down the drain) I sold them to a bimmer guy for $200 and told him that they had to be re rolled by a wheel shop before they were road worthy. Wish the guy I bought them from had said that in his ad (C#nt) not "good condition" but hey my fault.

I bought a VZ Calais rear bar for $50 the other day and I am in the process of prepping it to be painted, will be buying some VZ Calais tail lights if I can find a set at a decent price. Then I will ditch the spoiler.

Having the gas is great because I can get 1000K's out of both gas and 95 before needing to fill up again, so I get petrol when the price is down then run gas the rest of the time.

Only had one break down which is why its on a tow truck in the above picture, broke down 1km from my house when I was leaving to drive to Second Valley so luckily it happened there not an hour later. Was a broken ignition relay which was $16 to replace, also required a new battery as the old one was shot.

I do miss the sound of the SS but I can live without it for now, Im trying to find a decent BMW E30 to get as a project but having no luck currently :(

Cheers for reading :)

Last edited:

JoshlikesCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z
Sorry thos pictures are way bigger than I expected, Yes ill get some soon for yas

FlatOut 710

Yeah nah mate
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VT Commodore S Pac
I've always liked that model/colour combination, overall it looks quite nice, it'll be cool to see what you'll do to it

JoshlikesCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z
Here is some Interior shots

oJLFjSE.jpg

VyXOa6e.jpg

QBzjJar.jpg

I just bought some Calais chrome strips for around the windows, looks a lot better now as it breaks the purple up

F49yHqO.jpg

Installed a double din headunit which made the stock speakers sound really good so I won't be needing new ones

Painted front air vent surrounds in quicksilver, turned up great!

I took the new bar to be painted today so that should be done by next week

I also bought some new wheels from interstate, some SSZ/CV8Z rims. They're black but I will paint them myself, come with good tyres too.

Just need to find some VZ S2 Calais tail lights, the Ebay ones are $170 EACH which is absurd, can't find any locally unfortunately, hopefully selling the SS lights will balance it a bit

Also considering some SL springs but not sure if I need a camber kit or not, I will consult a mechanic when I get a wheel alignment soon.

Thanks for reading, Josh

Last edited:

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Nice and clean in the inside, looks new

Keep up the good work

Nice work done to it.

JoshlikesCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z
Ordered these on Tuesday and they arrived on Thursday, all the way from Geelong!
bzwmTr4.jpg

JoshlikesCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z
So here they are, came with Continental tyres with lots of tread and correct profile tyres: 235/40R18
WkEY9dQ.jpg

I am repainting them as the paint is full of cracks which suggests whoever painted them black put wayy too much paint on. They will be Quicksilver

nCmZHqR.jpg

Sanded them back today which wasn't fun, prime and paint tomorrow :)

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
Just clear them like that :smoking: