Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JT's VU II SS ; Monaro front, air bagged, big stereo

Macca86

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6T Ute & a ZX6R
Hey mate, firstly nice ute these vu's are really starting to grow on me. i've just got a quick question for you regarding fuel consumption.
I currently own a VT 5.0L and i was wanting to get a ute in the near future, do you think i'll save anything on fuel if i was to get a VU II SS.
And roughly how much u getting out of a tank these days? thanks.

I own a VT 5L and my missus has a VU 5.7L SS ute, and her's gets a shitload better fuel economy then mine does...

Joshy8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.0L
I own a VT 5L and my missus has a VU 5.7L SS ute, and her's gets a shitload better fuel economy then mine does...

..Thanks Macca yeah i thought that may have been the case. i notice that JT's is a series two 2002, the one i've been looking at is a series two 2001 model. Are these much the same? Or is 2002 the way to go?

Macca86

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6T Ute & a ZX6R
..Thanks Macca yeah i thought that may have been the case. i notice that JT's is a series two 2002, the one i've been looking at is a series two 2001 model. Are these much the same? Or is 2002 the way to go?

My gf's is 2001 and hers is a series 1 so the change must be sometime during 01. From what Im aware (and i stand to be corrected) there is very little difference between S1 and S2 in the VU SS's. So id just look for a good deal if I were you and not limit yourself to either a S1 or S2 specifically.
Btw, sorry for thread stealing JT. Love what you've done with your ute, the custom sound equipment looks awesome!. Im sure you'll turn a few heads at the nats. :)

Joshy8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.0L
One more question JT, if you don't mind me asking how much you picked this up for stock? they seem to be so expensive still

JT090

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
All good macca...

Josh just to answer a few of your questions. LS1 smashes the injected 5L on fuel economy and power but the older engine does have a good note. Also alot more potential out of the LS1 in terms of bolt on gains.

Between series I and II the main noticeable difference is the interior, the series II is anthracite black rather then the grey also I believe earlier models didn't have the ls6 manifold but that may have been a original upgrade from the VT LS1. Series II in the VU only lasted about 6 months before the VY came along anyway.

Either way don't be constricted by the series just get something in good nic and low k's. I bought this neat as but stock as a rock for $16k in mid 2009 with only 69k on the clock which was very low for its age. That being said a mate of mine last month got a VZ SS ute with just over 100k on it for $19k.

Overall nats went good will chuck some photos up of it over the weekend tonight

JT090

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
533iv.jpg

670h.jpg

604y.jpg

329v.jpg

248ny.jpg

251r.jpg

252fw.jpg

253cg.jpg

thekid93

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pack
i have to say, that monaro front looks so sexy on this!!!

did you take this out onto the pan at all?

JT090

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
i have to say, that monaro front looks so sexy on this!!!

did you take this out onto the pan at all?

Thanks mate,

What do you mean the pan? I have taken it on skid pans twice before but didn't do the burnouts at the nats

adamrollo9

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 HSV Clubsport
where did you get your monaro front from? i want one bad as!