Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JT's VU II SS ; Monaro front, air bagged, big stereo

JT090

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
Well I guess I never updated this thread with the rush of everything before powercruise but here is a run down, we had the ute tuned and ready to go by Wednesday putting out 272rwkw/365rwhp on the Wednesday and due to the weather I picked it up on the Thursday, putted along in the rain and put it straight onto the trailer

We left my house at 4am on the Friday and didn’t make it to Eastern Creek until 9:30am due to some a mate having some trailer issues which restricted us to 80km/h…… when we got there, we cruised through scruitineering but were greeted with a heap of campers already in and the biggest bog pit I have seen! People were literally stuck all over the place and after getting fed up we just set up camp on some road base in a noncamping designated area……. We sat around all Friday (so much for Powercruise rain, hail or shine) but ended up being in the right spot at the right time to get one the track for one session. The airbags were a definite advantage in the conditions and turned alot of heads cruising around the camp at full height.

It was pretty daunting getting use to a car, given it a run through and checking there were no issues, literally everything felt different (better but different); the clutch was firmer and held better, the shifter was harder but more direct, both rears actually span putting some angle on the car and the power delivery felt completely different………………. Love it now but was a spin out at first (not literally).

Overall everything went great only issue I had was axle tramp which was there before but will go a harrop diff cover before Powerplay in August. Just needs to go back for a service, put the catch can on and I need to give it a really good clean.

To go with the extra pace new brakes are definetly on the cards but not a necessity and I want to finish a couple of other items prior to the feature but just keen to drive it now.

Anyway enough writing here are some pics of the build and powercruise along with a vid of the idle (pretty lumpy for a baby cam) and dyno run in Sydney..

Ported goodness

003pkk.jpg

Standard heads
018lq.jpg

Timing chain before pulling it off
024dag.jpg

Clean undercarrage
003qft.jpg

Shiny diff back in its home!
008zx.jpg

Finally this plate actually means something haha
023afq.jpg

041az.jpg

Back in its home
img0798dd.jpg

Thursday night packed ready to roll
img0820w.jpg

In the mud (4wd spec)
054wq.jpg

About the cleanest it got all weekend
065qe.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

JT090

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
Well had some fun at Pistn Broke Mayhem at wakefield

033un.jpg

040ze.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

meady_183

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Berlina
people might roll me for bumping this to the top.. but this Ute is amazing! I love the Monaro front, love tourers on white cars and love the amount of effort that you have put into this rig mate. I'm extremely jealous of the interior, except for the door pods,, but I bet it sounds good,, so who cares? hahah