Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Julia Gillard - Cleaner Cars welcomed????

Nackerz

Rollin
Reaction score
Members Ride
2 n/a vl's 1 twin turbo vl vn ss vy sv8
Hey guys Heres the proposed plan of Julia Gillard if she gets elected.......

Cleaner cars welcomed

There has been a call for Julia Gillard's cleaner car scheme to include commercial vehicles. (ABC News: Giulio Saggin, file photo)
A green group in WA says Julia Gillard's announcement of a $400 million program to remove old cars from Australian roads needs to go further.

If Labor is re-elected, owners of pre 1995 vehicles that upgrade to fuel efficient cars will be entitiled to a $2000 rebate to be paid after the old car is scrapped.

Ms Gillard says the initiative will remove up to 200,000 petrol guzzling, pollution spewing cars from the roads.

"The amount of carbon we anticipate saving through this measure by getting the 200,000 old cars off the road in favour of more efficient vehicles is one million tonnes," she said.

Ray Wills from the Sustainable Energy Association has welcomed the rebate scheme, but says it must be extended to the business sector if it is to have a significant impact.

"We'd certainly like to see a focus on commercial vehicle fleet, that would provide a much stronger outcome from this initative," he said.

"We would also like to see funding coming for this, not from renewable energy programs, but from new and seperate funding because it's important to do as much as we can, not just piecemeal."

Can Tell You now she won't be getting our vote......

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
LOL, I'm going BACK to an old car.

New cars can suck my left nut. If i cant fix it myself then I CBF with them.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
She's not saying you HAVE to scrap your car, there's just an awesome incentive to do so.

WRONG! She saying you get $2000 from the Govt. if you buy a car that meets the new emissions standards. But how about discuss this where it's meant to be discussed, in the freakin political thread!

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
Maybe because the thread sucks? And who wants to wade through 80 odd pages of horse ****?

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
LOL it wont fix ****, most people driving them cars are driving them because they can't afford anything newer. 2k wont fix that.

Nackerz

Rollin
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yer i realised that this was in the POLICTICAL THREAD........... But seriously who goes thru and reads ALL of that????? Didn't realise that IT HAD TO BE in the polictical thread...... Thats what I thought the PUB was bout hmmm....... any way....... Honestly who will scrap their cars tho for $2000??? and there are alot of people that don't have the cash to be able to buy and BRAND NEW CAR!!!!!

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
LOL it wont fix ****, most people driving them cars are driving them because they can't afford anything newer. 2k wont fix that.

Plus I have driven a few new fuel efficient cars, and they are ****. Little plastic things, crappy interior, not comfy, no driving pleasure. And these are the $20,000 cars from toyota and mazda. I suspect the $40,000 cars are better but for 2 grand who is going to do that?

At least the old fuel efficient cars were fun! even the exels had a bit of spirit.

Nackerz

Rollin
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well as far as I have read its ne thing pre 1995 so ne thing after 1995 is fine!! well lets all just scrap our cars and buy a car with the 2k that the GOVT will give us for a car after 1995 and drive them around.......