Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Junker Vs Wagon

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
So i'm about to give a crappy old Vs wagon a bit of a birthday over the next few weeks, wreck & repair commodores over here from home for a living & i need a new tow car so when this came up for $450 i bought it on the spot sight unseen. 230k on it with a blown trans & what they thought was a stuffed engine - 2 piece harmonic balancers tend to make some mean noise lol so thats an easy fix. Will throw a trans in it then attack the inside & outside apperance, i already own a 5.0 vn wagon with vr statesman front & it just so happens i got a vr & vs statesmans sitting here for wrecking so time to transform this old girl into a decent daily tow vehicle.
Love working on these & a wagon nut so in between customers ill piece this together. Well here some pics of the as bought state, insides a filthy mess. Crappy old 15s & all but theyre now gone & some dished 18's have taken there place - ill keep this updated as i go ;)

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Where-a-bouts in NZ are you?

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Right, the shaky Isles.......

I sold a VS sedan to a guy doing something similar and I though it might be you be he's up here in Auckland.

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Yeah the shakey isles is right never ends down here, this is the other beast....

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I almost moved down there after the first earth quake but never made it down to scout around for a place before the 2nd one hit. It's a shame it was a beautiful place before it all fell down.

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
I almost moved down there after the first earth quake but never made it down to scout around for a place before the 2nd one hit. It's a shame it was a beautiful place before it all fell down.
It sure was, shes a changed place now. The rebuild will be going on for years here & if that alpine fault lets go shes going to get a lot worse yet....

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunedin is on my Radar now. I want out of Auckland in the next few years. Fed up with the crap up here and it's only getting worse.

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Dunedin is on my Radar now. I want out of Auckland in the next few years. Fed up with the crap up here and it's only getting worse.
Ok place dunedin but bloody cold down there

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
LOL, yes. I like the cold but the missus doesn't and that is my conundrum.....