Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Just a handy hint..

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
even the trolley jacks fail.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
even the trolley jacks fail.

I never said they don't......I just said thats what I use to jack up my car. They are rated alot higher than a scissor jack. (and in the last 8 years, havn't had one fail)

jakbob

Lighten up.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, VC L, VK Vacationer
I'm amazed this isn't common sense now.

The first mod I do to any car is throw out the shitty holden jack, and buy a trolley jack. No-way i'd ever use one (and if i see people on the side of the road using one, i'll stop and use the trolley jack.

As danja said, if your working under the car, get axles stands. I bought 4 for under $100. Great investment if your under the car for any reason.

I carry a trolley jack in my car but it doesn't seem to be able to get the height to lift the back wheels off the ground. I put it under the standard jack commodore jack point. Also trolley jacks aren't so good on rough or soft ground because they need to be able to roll as you jack the car up. Other wise you start dragging the car sideways. Still beats the hell out of the standard jacks.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I carry a trolley jack in my car but it doesn't seem to be able to get the height to lift the back wheels off the ground. I put it under the standard jack commodore jack point. Also trolley jacks aren't so good on rough or soft ground because they need to be able to roll as you jack the car up. Other wise you start dragging the car sideways. Still beats the hell out of the standard jacks.

lol, you just be smart about where you pull over....

I've managed to use a larger sized trolley jack to lift my car when it was sitting on the disc. Never had any trouble just changing tyres, i've found they get awesome height.

holden boy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx s
i leave the trolley jack at home still got the normally holden one in the car as i hate having it slide around in the boot . ( maybe i should strap it down ) and i don't need axle stands much as i have a work pit :)