Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Just a reminder as to why u should change ur oil ;)

Paiste402

My workin on the car face
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 EB Fairmont Ghia
i have been told as soon as it starts to change colour from golden to brown or black that's when, is that correct? .

not true, apparently new oils are designed to pick up all the crap in the engine and make it not harm everything so some oils turn black within a day. If its solid black and terribly gritty then yea oils old get rid of it. If u do it to how many kms uve driven then there shouldnt be a problem cause oil can be deceiving.

And u can pop the bonnet as much as u want and its good that u stay on top of ur fluids. My bro killed his VN cause he didnt check it at all until it was misfiring all over the place then he would yell me over to fix it. Dry dipstick was the first sign haha. He knew to top up the coolant when steam flew out of the bonnet and the gauge was past the red :bang:

2005vzute

Djabringyagrogalong
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2005 VZ Ute M6
hahah that alloytec, when i was working for holden, we had a ve omega that was thrashed with 60,000 kms on it..came in for its first service...me being the 1st year apprentice..i went to drain the oil and nothing came out...then i realised i had to poke a screw driver through the sludge and let the oil drain..oil filter looked the same as that in the picture, umm, what else..oh yes, had to take the sump off and clean that....very messy job, put muck n guck n **** everywhere haha....paiste 402, did you say ur oil came out better then a new cheap oil..i hope that oil came out dirty, otherwise ur oil system aint doin it's job haha

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
You guys should see a Heavy diesel engine after it gets run over its service interval, the oil is practically tar, and under the rocker cover is just full of hard carbon everywhere except around moving parts.

vktorana

Reaction score
Members Ride
efi 202 torana, vk project car!
thats nothin! you should have seen under my 202! i dont think it was ever changed! wish i had taken pics now. i was too pissed off at the time lol!

Paiste402

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 EB Fairmont Ghia
hmm havent been on in a while and might as well show an engine that has been serviced every 5000 kms haha

i havent touched it either in terms of cleaning, took the rocker cover off and took the photo

Attachments

• 07092010.jpg
    07092010.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 358

Paiste402

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 EB Fairmont Ghia