Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Just a reminder as to why u should change ur oil ;)

Paiste402

My workin on the car face
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 EB Fairmont Ghia
ari, did u get much of it off?

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
nope.

the rocker covers, pistons, rods, etc were all left in a parts washer filled with kero and switched on for 2 weeks. a little bit of the oil from the surface was taken off, but the only way to get into the crud was picking it off with a screw driver/razor blade/scribe

the high pressure hose took large chunks off at a time, which (more often than not) landed on something important, like my face or other cars in the workshop. it was then a case of trying to get the crud off whatever it landed on which was just as hard as getting it off the engine. by the time i gave up trying there was a pile of black crud on the driveway that is still there to this day, regardless of all the scraping/hosing/sweeping and driving cars over it.

think i have pics, i will try and see where they are.

Darcon666

Evil is always around you
Reaction score
Website
www.gfy.com
Members Ride
Your Mother
Sorry to burst anyones bubble... it dosen't matter if you change your oil often or not, using the correct oil is just as important.
(Pinched from another forum...... Name & shame)
Pennzoil, eh? Tore down a 302 with about 75k miles on it a couple years back that had been fed Pennzoil its entire life, 4k mile oil changes...I think I'll stay away from running it in anything I own.
f150007.jpg

VK_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK V6
Looking at that pic I doubt the oil was the issue, my money would be on a damaged (or incorrectly modified) PCV/breather system