Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Just bought a 93 Holden VR Acclaim

M

Moylance

Hey all

I just bought a 93 Holden VR Acclaim through a dealership down here.
Just want some tips on how to fix things.

The remote keyless works, but not on the driver side front door lock. Any tips on how to fix that up?

The front right door window is VERY hard to wind up and down, the seal on the back of the frame is all mangled and out of the groove, so I'll have to take it out and fix it.

The remote mirrors don't work, any one had this happen before and give me any pointers? Its not a major issue since you can use your hand to adjust them but would be nice to have it working.

The steering is gunna get a new rack and pump in the next few weeks. Its got a constant whine, loose, un-direct, virbation at about 90-100km so it needs fixing.

Getting the brakes fixed up, the back ones arent be using at all, very little pad on the back and the front needs skimming and new pads.

Also need a new deck since the current one is kinda buggered, the time is stuffed and about four buttons dont work.

Theres a hole in the spare wheel well and its full of water from we think the tailights so I'll have to clean that out.

Thats all I can think of for now!

Last edited by a moderator:

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
well if you ask me, get a mechanic to right it all up and take the bill to ur delaer and say this need fixing

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
The electric mirrors would probably be a faulty switch, try replacing that maybe?

Rip your drivers side door trim off and make your the central locking is plugged in. (my rear passenger door wasnt working because the plug rattled/vibrated itself out)

Hope these help!

M

Moylance

Well its strange, when inside the car pushing the driver lock down locks all the doors so it half works.

=Calais v8=

Holden Tech Apprentice
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII 5.0L Calais, 13b ae71
with the mirrors, try pushing the button on the very side of the switch hard. i thought mine didnt work, but turns out they do if you push hard enough.

M

Moylance

The cruise control doesn't work. Has this happened before and what was the sypmtom? Does anyone want to take pictures when they take the door trim off for the front and back door?
Theres a rattle in the back door which is driving me up the wall!
Also the seal for the drivers window on the back of the frame is a bit buggered. We straighten it up and now its in its spot, should I just use some glue to try hold it in there. Also the window seems to fall foward, using your hands you can pull it back up which makes it nice and straight. Why is that and may I able to fix that when I take the trim off?

semmi

Reaction score
I know this sounds a bit harsh, and I am not having a go, but you should really check things like central locking, mirrors, windows, cruise and water in the boot *before* you buy. That's why you have a test drive...