Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

just bought a VT olympic! looking to buy an exaust! NEED HELP!!

commod88

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore vt olyimpic
hey guys. i always dreamed of having a commodore from late 90's early 20's i just like the look of them. i just go my p's last week and already bought a vt. i really want a to put and exaust on it. ive heard stories about REdbacks not working properly and this and that! i want your opinion on what i should get! im not planning on spending more then 400-500 bux on it as i want new speakers etc. Please help!!

matty93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive v6 and vh sle
Depends how you want it to sound really, There is nothing wrong with reback exhaust systems, they always served my cars fine :)

Assuming your car is a v6? Run a 2.5inch redback exhaust but add a hotdog in place of the rear resonator. This keeps the sound of it to a medium level and the hotdog reduced any drone to almost nothing on hwy driving and city driving. It also has a nice note on idle too and doesnt sound like a sick cow driving down the road.
Been running that on my vt v6 for the last 2 and half years and just recently added pacemakers and high flow cat.

Hope this helps mate :)

-Matt