Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Just bought lights off ebay, any good?

caaf

Reaction score
Website
www.aurfscan.com.au
Members Ride
VYII Equipe S/wagon V6
Not wise to buy anything above the rating of the cabling.. You will notice reduced visible light on the road but the affect you are looking for, also the halogen globes will pop sooner than you think.

Vy S SC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Pac Series II Supercharged L67
i think 55w is the rating of the cable isnt it? they should get me a solid year of use though?

Vy S SC

Reaction score
Members Ride
no problems, i will let you know. they just came in the post today and look good, just have to install them into the car. will do on the weekend..

Im just a bit worried cause the side of the box from the lights says 'off-road and show car use only'. im worried bout the cops pulling me over, might be real bright!

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
I can guarantee those head light globes will be horrible and give you worse then factory light output. Blue globes are shocking when it comes to light output. Should of paid more for some better globes like Phillips Xtreme Vision's because I think your going to be disappointed. Never run 100 watt globes on wiring not designed for it. You will destroy the wiring and potentially cause a fire. The reason the packaging says for off-road or show car use only is because they are a really blue light. Not something you want and certainly noticeable to the police.

Vy S SC

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks for that informative reply wraith ! the packaging says 12V 60/55W (then it has an arrow pointing down to 100/90W) i think this is saying the output looks like that??

could they really cause a fire if they say 12V 60/55W? the headlight says that it has to be 55w..

please reply wraith

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
65W is high beam and 55W is low beam which is usually the standard with Commodores. The 100W/90W will almost definitely melt the wiring.

Vy S SC

Reaction score
Members Ride
okay i understand you now. but the box says 60/55w, dows this mean they should be fine with the wiring?

cheers

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
They will be fine. How ever like I said they will be a very blue light and will be very noticeable to your local law enforcement. not to mention have bad light output.