Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Just Brought A VR V6 Wag on Gas.. Just a Few Qtns

m3taL

For what its worth.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
88` S1 VN, 5spd & 94' VR Wagon
Hey Just brought a VR V6 on gas, and my theroy is that the only things that run on Gas are Forklifts and Falcons and maybe v8's if done right.

i am yet to be sweyed.

iv noticed it has the airbox running into the mixer then though a Coke can to the throttle body. when i quizzed the owner he told me it was so if it backfires it will blow the can apart and not the mixer.. sounds fair to me any comments will be appreciated.

Secondly the mixer seems to me as if its a Huge intake restriction and is probably causeing more bad than good as i know the buick loves to breathe. BASICLY all i want to put out there has anyone come up with some way of discarding the mixer and maybe just pipeing the gas straight from the converter into the throttle body or made some attachment up that could act the same with less restriction??

i am contemplating taking the gas off the car full stop and just running pure juice as i think the economy of a v6 is pretty good (especially with a foaming tune)

But afterall its my missus's car and not mine and im sure she isnt going to care if it is at a loss of KW due to the gas or any part there of restrictions.

also engine life issues with gas being on it it seems to run ok but takes a bit or starting on gas... not sure if it has the Fuel start then switch to gas when warm or what i will investigate this tomorrow.. but i'd love to hear from both sides of the gas on a buick story and make my mind up..

Cheers

Jamo

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
You can have a gas research gas carby put on it if you want to remove the restriction of the mixer

m3taL

For what its worth.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
88` S1 VN, 5spd & 94' VR Wagon
Will have to look into that.

I know some systems have the "Flash Lube" Setup on them to lubricate the valves.

would running flash lube in the petrol and shareing the load between gas and petrol have the same effect on it?? im becomming sweyed on the gas as it runs so nice on it even if the gas was only used on long trips to save cost and the running around town etc was petrol. seems to switch between gas/fuel very easily and i would tend to think it has more go on gas.

i guess its just going to be a learning curve and get used to the idea of gas...