Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Just debadged rear, thoughts?

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Thanks for the feedback, I want to advertise subtly in familiar Holden / HSV style that the car has several important points of difference including intelligent VVT and 370 ci, these seem the most appropriate badges and place to make that statement.
I realize VVT-i is Toyota but the correct acronym for GM V8 VVT is DCVCP - I could order a custom chrome badge but it's a bit long and ugly, and nobody would "get it".

XUV

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XUV & Raised Cross 8 Trayback
Here's a picture of rear for those who didn't see final
10689968_10152565923588052_6755595793744130464_n.jpg

Hope that helps
Looks fine, the only reason it may look weird is because there's no number plate and our brain is going ' Somethings missing ??
Put the plate on and post pic and it'll look great.

I took the HSV bonnet badge off my XUV looks heaps better , toyed with putting on the red VE HSV rear badge on , But decided against it.
mHkValcf3acHwF9lpNc93tQ.jpg

might plasti dip my rear badges black as the cars black.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Whilst I have a sedan, I have debadged mine...The only badge on mine now is a VH bootlock badge on a VC bootlid...I did that just to be different....So it is a case of personal preference when it comes to what badges, if any are placed on the car

Tolkien

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII
Nothing wrong with what your doing here, it does look nice and clean minus the badges, not my cup of tea though mind you. What does confuse me however is all these chev badges on commies, if your going to try and make your car look like something it's not why not just slap a Ferrari badge on and be done with it.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Thanks for the feedback, I want to advertise subtly in familiar Holden / HSV style that the car has several important points of difference including intelligent VVT and 370 ci, these seem the most appropriate badges and place to make that statement.
I realize VVT-i is Toyota but the correct acronym for GM V8 VVT is DCVCP - I could order a custom chrome badge but it's a bit long and ugly, and nobody would "get it".

Wasnt about the content of the badges. More they just look very bland and boring. Very stark contrast to the SS and SSV insignias on the car.

If you wanted to advertise your admiration of the AFM technology id keep looking for something that doesnt look so "Refrigerator with wheels" as most Toyota stuff seems to represent.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
So this is just an SV6 wagon with no badges up to page 5?

L9g4SPe.gif

VE8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SS Thunder
I recently got my ute back from the panel beaters after i (slightly) bent the tailgate & had all badges removed while it was there. Personally, i think it looks a lot better now as did my FG XR6 when i had it debadged. A Holden or HSV badge still looks good but the E85 badge is rubbish, SS looks crappy especially on the older models as they look like a nazi ss symbol, the Thunder badges down the side are a total wank IMO & don't even get me started on racing stripes LOL. Guess i just prefer a clean look.

shinc

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE II SV6 Sportwagon
So this is just an SV6 wagon with no badges up to page 5?

L9g4SPe.gif

What a good looking wagon tho ey? Might be biased... ;)

And I didn't start all the other stuff. I just asked opinions on the look of it.

Last edited:

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
When the time comes to sell it might take some convincing a buyer that she's been debadged for aesthetic reasons.
More likely they'd be suspecting she's been pranged.
Well I would anyway....

But it does look better without the badges.
The guys that design cars for a living must secretly detest badges.:hmmm: