Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Just debadged rear, thoughts?

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Not good, what most kids do to their budget models around Redcliffe, then lower it and tack a set of quad tips. Seeing you have done the tips already the fact you are hiding it is a V6 is less obvious when you don't have a V6 badge, but poor form.
That silver wagon looks crap, cheap, non-descript. Holden badge should definitely stay, removing it is only a whisker away from the cringe of a chev badge.

shinc

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE II SV6 Sportwagon
Not trying to hide the fact its a v6, doesnt bother me that it is. its more so about cleaning up the rear. they litter them with abbreviations of things in the car

i put the quad tips on, (the afm ones) purely for looks. i believe it looks better with them than the singles. If i wanted a ss, i would have bought one. its definitely not trying to be one

The holden badge has gone, it looks alot nicer and cleaner without holdens sign writing across the back. cheers for your input tho Pirate....

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
Dont worry about Pirate, do what you want. What ever you do his thoughts will be the opposite and he never has much positive input. Just ignore him, most people do.

Car looks good. Good call on the AFM mufflers they are the same as the V6 ones just with 4 tips.

shinc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dont worry about Pirate, do what you want. What ever you do his thoughts will be the opposite and he never has much positive input. Just ignore him, most people do.

Car looks good. Good call on the AFM mufflers they are the same as the V6 ones just with 4 tips.

Cheers mate, the pipes are good. it doesnt sound any different which is what i wanted.

Did you find the Holden badge to leave more residue than the others? I used a eucalypt type badge/sticker removing spray which cleaned all the others off fine but the Holden badge has seemed to be more tricky. its come completely off, but there is still a faint outline of the badge present. I think i might need to get some cut and polish to clean it off completely.

The car is only 2 years old so I couldnt imagine the paint to be that bad yet.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Cheers mate, the pipes are good. it doesnt sound any different which is what i wanted.

Did you find the Holden badge to leave more residue than the others? I used a eucalypt type badge/sticker removing spray which cleaned all the others off fine but the Holden badge has seemed to be more tricky. its come completely off, but there is still a faint outline of the badge present. I think i might need to get some cut and polish to clean it off completely.

Just on the Holden Badge , I've got VZ SV6 , and , when you remove the Holden badge , do they leave alignment holes ?

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl

Bloody hell! This is not a popularity contest is it? OP asks for comments and you turn up show your crap car, **** advice, **** mufflers and advise members to ignore me!

You are so uptight, go loosen up before you get on here posting rubbish: so you have no-modal mufflers? So your old Falcon gets 700 odd Nm?! And does 155 kph in 4th! What about not having a clue about tuning your engine or what fuel to use at the pump - yeah SCT iTSX will work and is ideal for poseurs like you, stuff your warranty and defeats the purpose of flex fuel sensors and e85 capability. But top wank value for you, go for it!

I couldn't give a stuff if nobody listened to me, rather that than have everyone laugh at my incorrect assumptions and half-baked knowledge. Go fix yourself up, stop talking bullshit about your cars.

shinc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just on the Holden Badge , I've got VZ SV6 , and , when you remove the Holden badge , do they leave alignment holes ?

As far as my research goes, I only know of the VE type, from what ive read, early VE, 08 and under have holes, anything after doesnt. Mine didnt

No idea for the VZ sorry.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
As far as my research goes, I only know of the VE type, from what ive read, early VE, 08 and under have holes, anything after doesnt. Mine didnt

No idea for the VZ sorry.

Going on that , I would hazard a guess , and say the VZ does as well . cheers anyway

jr_

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Sportwagon

Pirate was probably a bit harsh with his words but you know when you see a car tv ads, normally for insurance, and the car has no badges, and I assume they don't want to promote a car brand but the insurance company - know the ads I mean? your cars look like this. (and I don't think that's a good thing, sorry...)

OP asked for opinions and got them
OP did want he wanted, his ride good on him!
Up side is more people can view thread and make up their own mind on what they want on their ride.
OP, upload pics for everyone to see

me? I like my holden, I've only even owned holdens, so am proud to have lion on the front and back of my car (and no omega badge - who'd be proud of that :) )

jr_

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Sportwagon

I used this on mine when I took of badges, which worked a treat! my car was also 2 years old when I took the badges off.
SCRATCH X 2.0 | Meguiar's