Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Just got A/C regassed, now smells foul..

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
I just had my radiator pressure checked and my entire A/C system regassed in my car..

I got it back yesterday and the A/C smells like vomit. It's disgusting. The heater doesn't smell bad, it's just the cold air..

All of the above got done through insurance so should I contact them to fix it up? And do you know what there is to fix up?

Cheers

auc05l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina V6
Mould grows on the evaporator, there is a spray you can get for it, dont know exactly what its called and weather you need to pull it apart, maybe if you sprayed it into the recirc vent and let the fan carry it through.

V

VP5LtrCalais

that vent will (hopefully, I'm not positive because I install Air Conditioners on Toyota's not Commodores) be behind your glovebox, pull the little black pin out from the right hand side at the bottom of your glovebox and the fan should be situated behind it, make sure the vents are set to recirc and not fresh, and try spraying some disinfectant into the fan box whilst your A/C is operating, if possible try and angle the disinfectant towards the centre console which is where your evaporator should/will be positioned

Damian

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
are you a smoker (nicotine rozin)?
and how much to regas?

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
spray isopropic alcohol in the air intake arcon,recirculate position comressor off, fan speed 1