Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Just Got a VE Calais V Sportwagon Help???

voorhees

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Sportwagon 2010 Evoke
Did you notice what colour the shocks were, and if there are any labels on them ? It would be worth knowing if the shocks have been changed when they put in the King springs.
Standard shocks are black and if you can get close enough will say monroe on them.

Havent looked super close and only looked at the springs and they were yellow so might check the shocks :) and cheers guys i might just hold off for a while and check those mud flaps out more closely......Cheers V

voorhees

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok update we took the car for probably its first decent run since we have had it and im definately going to get it raised,yes the mud flaps do scrape but so does the underneath :( The missus gets anxious everytime she goes over a speed hump and whilst it does look nice the way it is she's going up :D Anyway such is life :)

Im in Melbourne (Essendon area) any sugestions on where to go and what to get and price???,just want it obviously to be a bit higher other then that have no idea what i need.

Cheers V

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Ok update we took the car for probably its first decent run since we have had it and im definately going to get it raised,yes the mud flaps do scrape but so does the underneath :( The missus gets anxious everytime she goes over a speed hump and whilst it does look nice the way it is she's going up :D Anyway such is life :)

Im in Melbourne (Essendon area) any sugestions on where to go and what to get and price???,just want it obviously to be a bit higher other then that have no idea what i need.

Cheers V
How hard is she hitting the speedhumps? I used to run SSL all round and only ever scraped speedhumps if i went stupidly fast.

As for cost, you'd be looking around $500-$600 to get the springs changed over, including the cost of the springs depending on where you go and who you get the parts from.

voorhees

Reaction score
Members Ride
How hard is she hitting the speedhumps?

It varies but its definately enough to annoy the both of us so yeah will look at changing asap :)

BlueSteele

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SSV Sportswagon
Agree with simple wagon, I bet it's your mudflaps scraping. Lose the flaps. Your height is pretty standard for a lowered wagon, so you should not be scraping anywhere.
so save your money, 99% sure its your mud flaps

voorhees

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sad to here that its getting raised, but hey its your ride. My wagin is on superlows all round and i dont scrape anything, ive also taken off the ugly mud flaps thou. Cant change your mind on the height?

|

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/...ple-

I agree in terms of the mud flaps scrape,but it definately feels like under the car aswell,i could be wrong though also there are a couple of scrape marks on the driveway as in metal scraping on the concrete then again my driveway gets used a lot by other cars as im across from a school and they use it to turn arounds so i cant be 100% sure but yeah as mentioned we both think there is scraping underneath the car,i hope im wrong though :)

Well i guess maybe the best thing is to remove the flaps and see how she goes :D

Cheers V

voorhees

Reaction score
Members Ride
Update,i have had the springs replaced and couldnt be happier :) it has King SSSL and SSL and yes the mud flaps were scraping but so was the car, and as a few mentioned ditch the flaps so i did :D Had Lovells put in,car still looks nice,ride is nice and no more scrapes :) I must say it was fun getting a quote from Preston Motors LMAO,ended up getting it done through bro in laws mate and couldnt be happier.

Cheers V

ybhve4

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais Sportwagon
glad you got it sorted but wish i saw this post earlier as we could have worked something out if you wanted some stock suspension and save some coin.....oh well.

anyways...would like to see how it sits now and are you interested in selling the old springs (lowered ones?)....if so PM me.

cheers