Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Just got a VY S pac

SinisterVY

"The World Is Yours..."
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY II S
NOOOOOOOOOO dont do it! I really think the rear spoiler does alot for the car. I too have the S pac and wouldnt dare removing it. It really gives her a defined shape in the rear end. Nothing better than an ol girl with a nice rear end!

btw your headlights already appear tinted?

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
Think he means the tailights, make a huge diffference with the headlights don't they? :) tailights on the VY SS and VZ SS are tinted, the VZ has a new design which I think look beautiful, got a set on mine :) As for rear spoiler you will get mixed thoughts, take it off/leave it on. IMO leave it nice subtle bodykit no huge fancy looking wing, from the factory they are pretty dam nice to begin with :) Enjoy ya new ride.

P.S. love your wheels, the deep chrome lips multi spoke very nice on a Commy, they sure as hell not gutter friendly.

krazyboris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Spac S/C
I agree here, I would'nt dream of removing the rear spoiler on mine either. As for the lights, looks like your running berlina lights on that already. By the by, VZ headlights wont fit.

08_adaml

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII Spac Manual
Yeah sorry, i meant taillights..

Heres what a quick photoshop of my commodore without the spoiler looks like. what you think???

Im seriously considering removing it altough everyone disagrees, but i want my commodore to be original, and i personally havent seen a S or SS without a spoiler.

I still gotta lower it, not to sure whether to put King Spring Super Lows or Super Super Lows?? But i want the guard inline with the tyre, any suggestions, advice or queries please..

Thanks, Adam

View attachment 37860

Last edited:
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 04 S/W
Hey there,

Well I am a white wagon so spoilers arn't a big thiing for me but I would say leave it on as if you take it off first glanse people will think it's just a mocked up Exec.
But if you want to be original you could always put one of those 3 foot Batman racing wing thingys on there like you see on Ricers........ Nice....

I am running King Spring Super Lows and I love the ride height, of cause it's a little bumpper but I was happy to put up with that.
I had Pedders install rear Poly Air Bags and do a 29 point check as well and to my sweet suprise the air bags pumped up to 20PSI (40 is the max) the ride is so much nicer and the car does not rise up at all at the back. I had them installed for real heavy loads and towing trailers etc.

Oh and my guards are in line with my tyres with Super Lows.

Windsurfing.....

08_adaml

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII Spac Manual
Thanks for that info, if you dont mind me asking, how much i would expect to pay for a similar setup? thanks...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 04 S/W
The King Springs I bought from Ebay and fitted my self they cost $200.00 for all four if I remember correctly.
Pedders will supply there springs and fit for around $600.

The Poly Air Bag kit was $200 or $290 fitted by Pedders but if they do the springs and the bags for you they will ((SHOULD)) take off the fitting of the rear springs which will help dollar wise of cause and it is good to have an expert doing the job.

((Just remember there are two different types of Poly Air Bags, 1 for standard VY rear springs and 1 for lowered VY rear springs but the boys at Pedders should fill you in on all that))

Windsurfing.....

08_adaml

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII Spac Manual
ok thanks. i will do that in the next few weeks when i gather the neccassary funds.

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
Believe me I have ummed and arr over the rear spoiler removal for ages, when I polish the bootlid I take it off so much easier and also give the sections under where the spoiler sits a dam good clean :). Looks dam good without spoiler BUT it's missing its stop light in the rear window, it's in the spoiler instead, I like to have more brake lights then not enough when you share the roads with morons on a daily basis :).

08_adaml

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII Spac Manual
thanks for the input ShangaiVZ, if i do take it off, it wont be untill i get myself a set of VYSS taillights.

Can you get a window light from an Executive and put it in the S pac's rear window? Does it plug straight back in?

By the way, i got the springs and lowered it myself last week. Got Lovells Superlows for $255 the set.