Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

just got mafless tune

VY Rossi

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY SS 5.7L M6
My vy ss with the same cam makes 262 rwkw so id say its normal

Richie217

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 R8 Clubsport
Depending on cam size that seems like a pretty healthy reading.

I made 229rwkw (auto) with tune, otr, cats and catback. That was up from 204rwkw before tune and otr. Car is much more lively now though, eventually though the bug will bite again and something is going to be done about stock cam and diff gears.

johnno010684

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport M6, Subaru Brumby-daily, TM Magna
no i didnt do UDP kind of run out of funds at the time, its a hard car to drive now, i really have to ride the clutch for ages to get going. if i slowly let it grab and then give a couple of revs to take off (like when it was standard) it will drop down to 1-200 rpm and nearly die and then bunny hop like crazy!

ASAUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SS UTe Cammed
Sounds like it needs some love from a good tuner, a small cam like that should drive like stock. If you don't live close to someone good I recommend Steve from Oztrack

johnno010684

Reaction score
Members Ride
im gonna ring the guy back on monday, i agree it should drive well. i dont want to outlay another 700 for a tune to fix up someone elses problem.

johnno010684

Reaction score
Members Ride
pretty good numbers with a car that many k's! so there may be a few years left in my girl then if i treat her right. he suggested my clutch is gonna fail sooner rather than later so more money! probly doesnt help i have to ride the clutch and give it 3000 rpm to get moving now :( poor thing i can feel the clutch wearing out

johnno010684

Reaction score
Members Ride
update, just talked to my tuner, he said its a manifold vacuum problem they usually get it with big cammed cars but he tunes it out so hes gonna have a go at it sometine this week.

johnno010684

Reaction score
Members Ride
ok all is good now, went back and he hooked up a laptop and we went for a cruise on a quiet road, stop/start, stop/start until i was happy with how it was taking off,now it drives like a stocker! very happy!

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
260rwkw sounds about the mark. My vxss got 264.5rwkw with a small 217/217 cam and exhaust/cai/tune with good torque everywhere. Drives smooth as silk and is very quick for a daily ride..Before and after cam dyno run..
vxssbeforeandaftercam.jpg

28102011086Medium.jpg