Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Just ordered a red/red SS. Anything I need to know?

scottishgit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Hi folks
I've just ordered a manual red SS with red leather interior in an impulse buy and am really looking forward to seeing it in the flesh. May have to wait for a few weeks.

Is there anything I should be aware of regarding these cars - run ins, idiosyncracies, Friday afternoon model faults?

Can anyone with one of these beasts (no other term would describe the feeling on the test drive) give me a bit of feedback on their experience of the model?

Cheers

Bryan

B

bdcmedia

I also have this same colour car now and am very happy with it. My only little pain at the moment is the drivibng lights have had to be adjusted as they were pointing up too high and blinding people at night. They were for a while then seem to have gone back again so the car is for its first 10,000k serv ice tomorrow and i'll get them to look at it then.
Apart from this, not a single other problem has been eveident yet.
I think you'll be very happy with this car.

Brett

scottishgit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Hope so Brett
Cheers for the info - keep on shooting those UFOs with your driving lamps

V

VN_Skids

scottishgit said:
Hi folks
I've just ordered a manual red SS with red leather interior in an impulse buy and am really looking forward to seeing it in the flesh. May have to wait for a few weeks.

Is there anything I should be aware of regarding these cars - run ins, idiosyncracies, Friday afternoon model faults?

Can anyone with one of these beasts (no other term would describe the feeling on the test drive) give me a bit of feedback on their experience of the model?

Cheers

Bryan

Man all you need to know is just to be careful not to thrash the engine till it's done ATLEAST 5,000 K's. LS1 especially, cause they are delicate puppies when new. my mate has a VX and he was driving his hard from the first day he had it. it's rooted now. prob have to get a new motor.

T

Twin_Bangerz

VN_Skids said:
Man all you need to know is just to be careful not to thrash the engine till it's done ATLEAST 5,000 K's. LS1 especially, cause they are delicate puppies when new. my mate has a VX and he was driving his hard from the first day he had it. it's rooted now. prob have to get a new motor.

Jeez, we might have the same mate! My mate had a VX that needed work done on the engine to!

:hit:

scottishgit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
VN_Skids said:

What's an LS1? I'll take on board about not thrashing it. Cheers

V

VN_Skids

GEN III. your 5.7L 250kw motor :D . good motors, just gotta run them in right. good luck with it.

L

LuminaLS1

Guys i should be getting my SS next week.What is the correct run-in procedure for the car.

C

Camotec

as long as you don't thrash it you should be fine keep the revs away from the red by atleast 1-2k rpm

give it light to moderate load, long trips and up hills are good ideas as the load is good for the motor without having to flog the motor.
and no burnouts until its run in OK??

You lucky bastard thats all I can say, oh an buy me one heheh :yeah:

Cheers
Ben

Jimbo

Reaction score
Keep off the cruise.

Don't stay on the same speed for too long/far.

I'm sure the dealership will explain this all to you.