Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Just Ordered My First Ever Holden, Opinions on Upgrades?

Why?

Reaction score
Members Ride
Harrop enhanced VF Redline Manual
Hi,

I have just ordered a VF Redline Manual and this was because Subaru are not offering a towbar with the latest STi which was my first choice. I am looking at doing some minor mods to try to improve performance and don't want to go to silly as I only keep my cars for about 2 1/2 years. I would like a nice note when you give it to it but spend most of my weekends on the highways with kids in the back towing a boat so nothing that drones or is too loud. Options I am looking at are.

1. Walkinshaw Power Pack: Cat back exhaust, OTR intake and Tune about $3700 give or take, I like this option because I feel when I go to sell the call at least you have the brand name and $1000 here or there is no big deal.

2. GM Motorsport 350kW package or cat back package: either $5500 or $2800(on special next month with stainless X-Force 2 1/5) More go but less well known (I had never heard of them)

3. Dale Patterson Package: Di Filipo 3" Full Exhaust, high flow cats etc. OTR intake and tune $5500. Was recomended by a friend who has this on his monaro but his car is purely a toy and not the family truckster so noise is not an issue. (I had never heard of them either)

4. Harrop: Dont know what they have yet but have purchased monster brakes off them before for my old track subaru.

Any constructive thoughts remembering money is not really that much of an issue, I would have purchased a HSV except I don't like the look of them.

Cheers

Serobix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF sv6
Just cam it if anything for like 3-5 grand and have a high flow cats you could also super charge if u want but it depends how mcuh u got to spend i think around 8-10 grand would be sufficient for like 450 RWKW

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
Well for a start don't listen to serobix as he drives a V6.

If money is not a problem then put the harrop blower on it. Money usually becomes a problem once you work out how much money yo'll need to spend on cars at this level so perhaps work out your budget and what you want from the car before making important decisions?
Just remember that your new car warranty maybe affected by mods.