Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

just purchased: 2001 VUII SS ute 5.7L M6

benjamino

needing some more undies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 6spd + 7psi
very nice mate! nice pics too.
im really interested also on how to get the darkened edges:)
and the 235kw, thats at the wheels, so thats a marked improvement over the stock standard, which is usually about 180-190kw at the wheels for these ss's.
The 225 you read on redbook etc is engine kw. Theres a difference between egine kw and rear wheel kw:)

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Absolute sex on wheels the black vu ss's.. especially the 6spd's.. I miss mine :)

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Very nice ute mate. Welcome to the ss club. :)

cjoeoh

Commodore noob
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII 5.7 M6
very nice mate! nice pics too.
im really interested also on how to get the darkened edges:)
and the 235kw, thats at the wheels, so thats a marked improvement over the stock standard, which is usually about 180-190kw at the wheels for these ss's.
The 225 you read on redbook etc is engine kw. Theres a difference between egine kw and rear wheel kw:)

The darkened edges? Well depends on which version of photoshop you have. But more recent versions i.e. CS3 CS4 you can just navigate to the through the filter menu: filter > distort > lens correction. There will be a bunch of options but you are looking for the sliders to do with vignetting. Usually they are there to get rid of the darkening, however you can reverse the slider to make it darker.

heres a good tutorial to get dramatic images: Photoshop Frenzy - Made for faster learning! Blog Archive Dramatic Gritty Effect

If you don't have Photoshop use GIMP for free. GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program (windows and mac)
Simple Vignetting using The GIMP