Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

just sick of it

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
"Just curios as to how a super6 is better than an 8"

Im not saying better either, but with some small work done they can certainly hold their own against them. ;)

"although, even the l67 is getting expensive to modify"
Yeh, it's all fine and dandy till you see the price of intercooling, or worse yet, whippling ;)

Is there many 300+rwkw super6 commodores around? I don't follow that side of it much so just curious.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
Is there many 300+rwkw super6 commodores around? I don't follow that side of it much so just curious.

there are people taking the chargers off the l67 and turboing them instead. not sure what power theyre getting from that

krazyboris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Spac S/C
Sticking with the m90, nope, none that I know of that exceed 300rwkw, but there are some that come close. A member on a differant forum (L67Torque) ran against a 6ltr the other day, recorded a victory for the sc boys. :)

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe

I want to get the XU6 on the dyno after it's had the service it's been dying for. I'm curious as to what it would get. I think it's got a few extras from stock though.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
I want to get the XU6 on the dyno after it's had the service it's been dying for. I'm curious as to what it would get. I think it's got a few extras from stock though.

im just guessing but id say around 150rwkw

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
Most people like me dont love a good V8 for power, its the sound thats why i bought a 253, nice oldskool sound

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
I'd have to agree with JD there, ya can't beat the sound of a V8! :D Altho I only have 6's, but when I find a cheap 253, 308 I'll get it to put in our VH convertible.

krazyboris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Spac S/C
Brother had a 253 bored out to house 308 pistons in his old vh. Sounded very nice. :)

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
hey i own a charged commodore 6 are sick to death of stupid no brain derro tossers who talk down the 6 and say " y dont u put a 5L in it " its rely doing my head in does any one agree

Why be bothered by it?
As long as your happy with your car then that's all that matters.
Don't get dragged into the "c'mon lets have a drag and prove it" crap.
For the record i'd go: 1. LS1 2. 304 3. super 6 but that's just me.;)

GLD-086

Reaction score
I just get sick of wankers, who always have something to prove, no matter how many cylinders their car has.

Who cares if you have 4, 6, 8 cylinders etc there will always be someone faster.

In saying that though alot of these morons, with Skylines, Silvias etc need to pull the stick out of their ass, and realise that their fulli sik GTS-T wont beat every SS, with exhaust around. It is possible to force feed a V8 too.

I love V8s, but alot of 4s and 6s deserve respect, but that doesn't mean V8s are completely eclipsed by them.