Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Just Trouble

D

dougie tas

Have a vn that is giving me greif brought it a week ago a for a steel and now i know why.
I had to put another motor in it and when i did it was not wanting to idle so i put a new fuel pump in (tested no good) then fuel filter and put new plugs in,so now it idles fine but when you give it a rev it gets a major flat spot and stalls unless you pump the guts out of it.
So i took the air intake off and replaced air filter , throttle body is clean as a whistle no air leaks ,havent checked fuel pressure yet or the coil pack is there some thing that might be the problem other than them :b:
PLEASE HELP PEOPLE :cry:

VpV6

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP II Executive
I replied to another thread:

Dougie Tas:

It could be your throttle position sensor that is faulty. Easiest way to check is to hook up the ALDL and use WINALDL to see if the sensor registers a change in %'age when you put your foot down with the engine OFF. (dont worry if its on about -7% or so with no throttle, longs it goes to about 90% when its flat to the floor) Mine failed once, and as you put your foot just on the accelerator it would almost stall, a little bit more and she would just about bag up.

Hope this helps :D

VpV6

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP II Executive
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=5723

You will need to build this cable, and have a laptop with Windows95 or better on it. Once you have hooked up the cable, turn on the laptop and start up WinALDL (Tells you where to get it from in the above thread). Now, turn on the ignition key to ignition and see if the check engine light is flashing. If it is, thats good. If its not, your cable is busted.

Now, in WinALDL goto the sensor data tab. There should be a row which corresponds to the TPS (thrott pos sens.).In the converted box it should say something like -7%. This is fine. Now increase the throttle steadily and you should see the percentage change. If it doesnt change, or changes eratically and not smoothly the TPS is stuffed.

To check fault codes goto the error codes tab. If anything is ticked that indicates a fault.

Have a read on the winaldl site for more info on interpreting stuff. This should get you started tho.

VpV6

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP II Executive
Oh sorry! I havent said what winaldl is actually:

Its a Windows program u use to interface with the car computer in the VN-VS? commodores. It will tell you information on what sensors are outputting or doing, the cars RPM, speed, basically everything the computer monitors, you can monitor too!

Too hook it up you need to make a cable as said in my last post, and then install WinALDL onto your laptop. Its completely free, so no nasty software that cuts off after a while.

Good Luck

D

dougie tas

WELL DONE THANKS FOR HELP IM NOT MUCH OF A AUTO LEC BUT YOU NEVER NO IF YOU DONT HAVE A GO :w00t: THANKS AGAIN