Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JVC KD-AVX1 pics

Y

YBSLO4

looking for pics of the jvc KD-AVX1 headunit installed into a car. iv got a VS calais and want to know if it sticks out a bit. for thoes who dont know the unit is a deck with dvd player and has a3" screen on the face. it is a full din size.
thanks

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
JVC Deck 4 VS

YBSLO4 said:
looking for pics of the jvc KD-AVX1 headunit installed into a car. iv got a VS calais and want to know if it sticks out a bit. for thoes who dont know the unit is a deck with dvd player and has a3" screen on the face. it is a full din size.
thanks
Wild deck how much u got quoted?Ii think its the best deck out there for under $1500 and JVC make top quality decks, some ppl say 3" screen is 2 small but for $1000 i got quoted + install it is awsum and who else makes a 3" screen with all those features for that price?. I really want one 2 runs my system and it looks the goods. If u got the funds it has all the features u want and dvd play back worth the money i agree. http://www.jvc-australia.com/_home.asp :yeah:

Y

YBSLO4

can get it for as low as $840 at jb
got offered one for $750 by a guy who got offered one to test out (works for a audio retailer) has only been bench tested on display for a few days. with full warranty. just still need a pic as it looks quite bulky and dont want it to stick out like dogs balls

boardyboy1979

Reaction score
YBSLO4 said:
looking for pics of the jvc KD-AVX1 headunit installed into a car.

I have one in a VX. I had to modify the back of the factory (car) bracket to mount it. It sits very close to flush. Also had to grind the plastic surround of the dash slightly on the left and right of the deck so the black plastic (surround) would clip onto the deck - See third pic.

Attachments

• P1010069.JPG
    P1010069.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 3,121
  • P1010070.JPG
    P1010070.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 630
  • P1010069NEW.jpg
    P1010069NEW.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 565
Last edited:

tysons_2001

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais International - RIP VR Turbo
just got one of these units off ebay. hasnt arrived yet, just ordered today
Cost me $670 with postage :yeah:

Raggyman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Excecutive S2
Got one for mine today as well. Just wondering if you guys have managed to hook it up to the steering wheel controls? Look at me as if I have two heads over here, as they don't know what a commodore is. Any pointers on who would be able to help me out, greatly appreciated.

A

acky

hi
i just joined the ranks of commodore ownership and i also have the kd avx1 from a previous car, i was going to sell it via ebay but if someone out there can let me know also of a way to control the head unit with the factory wheel controls i wouldnt hesitate to install into the commodore - great head unit!!

dan-wess

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY S Pac Series II
Hi, I was looking at getting a dvd of some descriptionl, looks like a fantastic unit but can an external screen be fitted, say above the unit, and the little screen show something other than what is being played??
Cheers
Dan

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
OR you could have a look on the jvc site and compare the depth of the unit to the stock h/u!