Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

K&N 63-3072 Review

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
all air filters give you **** all improvement alone...
placebo...

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
I like the looks of the K&N and would consider it coz my airhammer gets wet. But really dont wanna spend the money, been thinking of getting a slightly smaller POD filter or cutting the pipe abit, what yall think?

Dz811

Just some p-plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6
all air filters give you **** all improvement alone...
placebo...

real intelligent...
Everybody considers it, there's thousands of people and tests ready to back up (with legitimate numbers) that they work... and you reckon it's a placebo?

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
i really liked the k&n kit it costs more then the airhammer makes the same power on the dyno but gives a bit better throttle response.

the k&n kit isenclosed once the bonnet shuts.

m05tw4nt3d

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV WAGON
Ok my man Monaro I thought uhad one, so you say throttle response is improved anything else . Please give me every detail lol

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Using abit of physics here, wouldn't the larger pipe on the Airhammer give it better torque gains?

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Without getting into it too much, check out this

Cold Air Intake VS Short Ram Intake

Honestly, doesn't matter which way you go you will see gains, the difference will be negligible.. I prefer the airhammer but during winter it can pick up water, think I might make a water shield or reduce the pipe by a few inches

Jonesee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute
I like the looks of the K&N and would consider it coz my airhammer gets wet. But really dont wanna spend the money, been thinking of getting a slightly smaller POD filter or cutting the pipe abit, what yall think?

Why not make your own? 3 inch intercooler piping should work a treat, or there abouts. Not heaps sure on commodores but I made my own in the XR and looks sharp compared to plain black piping :) Oh and if you do, be sure to post details :D

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
the k&n kit and airhammer both have basically the same diameter pipe. i don't see how you could really gain anything from the diameter anyway they are both so much bigger then the throttle body.